Reno air race changes - failures and monitoring

Overall I’d have to say I’m incredibly underwhelmed with the Reno DLC.

I got myself hyped for it after watching a ridiculous amount of videos about the racing itself and seeing how the main focus of the pilots is “pushing their planes to the limits”.

Seeing this I couldn’t wait for this DLC to have to constantly monitor rpm, temps, oil pressure and other vital stats to keep the plane from exploding.

Upon my first race I realized none of what I was expecting was in this DLC. What we were given is a shell of what this DLC should be.

Every plane being at 100% throttle all the time with absolutely no risk of engine failure and not having to monitor any stats whatsoever is INCREDIBLY BORING… what a snooze fest.

I really hope these features get added in in a future update. If not I don’t see this being any more than a flash in the pan…

The fastest motorsport in the world is NOT done at zero risk! This has to be fixed.

Here is a list of things I would like to see added into reno air races that we have to monitor so we can’t just go 100% throttle/ 100% RPM all the time, to make it less…meh

• Engine RPM
  • Engine temp
  • Oil temp
  • Oil pressure
  • Exhaust gas temp
  • Manifold pressure
  • Random failures (like 0.5% chance)

I believe these changes would add an ENORMOUS amount of replay-ability to this mode along with adding a really high skill ceiling. The mode as it sits isn’t great for enthusiasts and will die within a couple of weeks/months.

+1

Fully agree.

2 Likes

+1 voted agree

2 Likes

they forgot at the origin it’s a “simulator”

2 Likes

Totally agree! It would be more fun if you had to monitor parameters.

1 Like