Reno Air Races: Expansion Pack $19,99 - Cockpits and more

Aviat Pitts Special S-1S, 10 liveries.

6 Likes

Canā€™t tell you what is active or not in cockpits as Iā€™ve not spent much time in them and when I did fly briefly I just used a Hotas and didnā€™t start them cold/dark.

Many thanks again BragRaindrop933. Youā€™ve made my day. I know what to buy or not the buy! :wink:

I think it will be the L-39 Sarance and the P-51 Goldfinger. Both of those airplanes have the cockpit lay-out with my preferences for IFR flying.

1 Like

No worries, I can see what instruments I want, no need to fiddle with all the switches. Once again thanks for your effort and time!

1 Like

No problem.

1 Like

Ah, encryptionā€¦ I wonder if they can be re-painted? I will buy the $19.99 pack for the T6 alone, IF someone can repaint it into a Royal Canadian Air Force livery. I have had the opportunity to fly in several Harvards, and that would interest me.

Just be aware that there are differences between different models, eg. not every P-51 will have an identical cockpit etc.

Iā€™m aware of that for the full Reno Version. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve done the research for every airplane in the Full Version. Couldnā€™t find info on the Basic Version. Thatā€™s why I asked. Or is it different in the Basic Version as well?

No, the basic version has only the 4 planes/cockpits as shown above. The rest is just livery changes. The base version has just 4 of 40 planes (one from each category). Itā€™s in the other 36 (9 others in each category) that the cockpit differences will lie. Iā€™m honesty happy with having the 4 though. The jet is nice to have as there arenā€™t too many in the sim already.

1 Like

True to that. Thatā€™s why I wanted to know which cockpits the Basic Version would have. Donā€™t need all the planes for myself as well.

1 Like

Word of warning. Iā€™m not sure as I havenā€™t researched it, but I just ran out of fuel on a trip from las vegas to glen canyon just short getting there in the P51. Maybe there is a secondary tank to switch to or maybe it was only partially fueled or just fuelled for racing. Worth monitoring though before doing longer trips in these planes. I may have to use the quick refuel keyboard cheat in the mean time.

1 Like

If you are looking for working AP, you will only find it in some of the L-39ā€™s, Blue Ice, Drop Bear and Red Thunder

(None in any other planes AFAIK)

P-51 Lady B has one that is Inop

1 Like

Thanks, got the L-39 Sarance, without autopilot (like to handfly ILS Approaches). However the HSI instrument is broken. The course needle follows the heading instead of remaining on the selected course in VOR / VLOC mode. Send a Zendesk report. It affects more Reno Air Race aircraft with the same HSI instrument.
Thumbs up for your research on autopilots on the L-39s and P-51s!

4 Likes

Copilot cockpits are present for Texans also.

1 Like

Canopyā€™s and doors do open?

Unfortunately, no. But still, a Mustang, L39, and T6 for 19.95? I jumped in. Iā€™m not counting the Pitts, because we already got it free with the update. The L39 was a favorite of mine in FSX, so I was glad to see it back. I donā€™t remember who made it.

No - canopies and doors do NOT open.

Prop on startup turns the wrong way and the spinning prop animation on the P51ā€™s is just bad in every way.

Try landing the Pitts - it just does not bleed energy. Unless you cut the engine off youā€™re going off the end of the runway - even if itā€™s 5000ā€™ long and uphill

While I was going to purchase this, itā€™s a no buy for me with all the things SU7 broke, especially TrackIRā€¦ I donā€™t see any purchases in my future until thatā€™s fixed as flying without it working correctly is plum miserable.

2 Likes

Must go have a look.

If anyone finds an elevator trim on the Mustang please let me know. Itā€™s not working with the Hotas bindings at all. It just wants to climb most of the time. Maybe itā€™s just meant for racing rather than level flight. Still, it looks lovely. Pictured here over NV, USA-

1 Like