Reno P-51 engine dies

I was just flying a Reno race in a private lobby. We were flying the unlimited class, I was using the “most default” plane/livery. Halfway the race my engine suddenly died. My throttle/prop/mixture lever were all in max position. Hitting the starter switch didn’t work. In this flight, 3 of 4 planes died.

In the race afterwards, I got reset due to flying high, after that my engine died again. I can’t remember if I got reset on the first race. In this race 2 out of 3 planes died again. Ctrl+E briefly spun the prop, after which is died again.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

I have dev-mode enabled, but didn’t change anything

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No, but it’s Reno (I wish we could use different planes, e.g. GeeBee)

Brief description of the issue:

See above

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N.A.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Happens randomly, feels like connected to a reset, but can’t check it out now.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

W11, Steam, Honeycomb bravo

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Stable current

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have MSFS 2020 and when in flight training and on first flight my plane stops and falls uncontrollably. It also happens in other training sections

My understanding is that 6 of the 8 available P51’s (all but Voodoo & Strega) have a problem, whereby they spawn with too little fuel in the tank selected on the fuel selector switch.

It is a well known issue, “run out of fuel”. Assign a button of your choice to “add fuel quantity”

Yes

The “P-51D aircraft power loss/fuel starvation during race” bug during Reno time trials and races remains despite claim of fix in SU14 release notes. The P-51D aircraft (except Strega and Voodoo) begin each trial/race with HUD indicated 46% fuel level and the engine subsequently dies after fuel level decreases to 23%. In comparison, Strega/Voodoo also begin race with HUD indicated 46% fuel level and finish with 18% fuel remaining. Switching the fuel selector from left to right-hand tank during the race causes immediate loss of engine power. It should be noted that same fuel-starvation bug exists when flying P-51D aircraft in free flight, so problem root seems to be in aircraft modeling and not specific to Reno Racing activity. Since Strega and Voodoo aircraft are apparently modeled with dual-tank fuel feed system (no fuel selector provided), these P-51s are unaffected by this bug.