Reno P 51 Fuel transfer/dump bug, some changes in SU13 beta

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

with all p51 listed below from reno pack, in reno race or in free flight, when you select center tank or right tank, all the fuel of that tank goes into the left tank within seconds.
If left tank can contain all the fuel of the other selected tank, that issue leads to engine cutoff.
P 51D Bunny
F 51D Wee Willy
P 51D Lady B
P 51D ManOā€™War
P 51D Miss America : for this one, the fuel selector doesnā€™t match with selected tanks but the issue is here
P 51D Spam Can Dolly

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Example with Wee Willy
Left tank selected:

Center tank selected, left tank filled in 50s:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start a flight with one of the p51 listed with left tank not fuel, then select center or right tank.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

not relevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

first observe in SU12 beta, still present in SU12 1.31.22.0

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

YES

ā€“

ā€“

1 Like

Did a quick test with SU13 beta.
With the P51 bunny, started with engine running on runway, i selected fuselage tank : fuel is slowly increasing in left tank (a bit of improvement), and a bit slowly decreasing in fuselage tank. But after 5s engine the engine did stop, with still a lot a fuel in that tank.
Same effect when i selected right tank instead of fuselage tank.

Yes

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Brief description of the issue:

Miss america mustang right tank wonā€™t give the fuel in the engine
no suck fuel from right tank

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

not much. select right tank. and start the engine
PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

su9. right now

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

i sure itā€™s not depend of any of things except bug inside model

if you be kind would be nice if you check her

I believe the Miss America Mustang is a Third-Party plane. Contact the devs of the aircraft for support if that is the case.

i really donā€™t sure about that. because all mustangs from reno update was part of msfs team update, as i get it. i get all collection of reno and donā€™t sure i flew all of them. no. i certainly sure i donā€™t:) but miss america i flew today with broken right tank. but i didnā€™t try to use mouse cursor. it can help. just habit to use mouse wheel for change selector position

2 Likes

Load into the sim with the P-51 ā€œMiss Americaā€ plane.

Switch to the alternate fuel tank, and the engine will die. Even if the tank is supposed to be full.

Yes and even their stand alone P51s are derived from the Reno ones. I have Man 'O War 414292 and it has had problems since day 1. Sim update 13 did something to it and it went from running for a while to not accepting throttle & dying on the tarmac. I reckon they found the faulty ā€˜geneā€™ but havenā€™t managed to fix it properly yet - if ever.

1 Like

Bug is back on SU15 beta 1.37.8.0

1 Like

I noticed that the left tank filling up when other tanks are selected is most likely the devs trying to simulate this feature of the p-51:
ā€œā€¦vapor return line to the left fuel tankā€¦ may become a fuel return lineā€¦ā€
Is that vapor return line just too aggressive compared to what would be expected in real life?

Edit: After a flight from London to Paris in the Man Oā€™ War, the ā€œbackflow rateā€ doesnā€™t seem to be an issue actually. The rate the fuel is returning into the left tank is very manageable at the moment, at least for that P-51. This is on SU15 beta as of 3/20/2024.

1 Like

Itā€™s way to aggressive unfortunately.

1 Like