Reno Races in VR

Hi,

Before I pull the trigger on the Reno Races DLC, was just curious for the ones that own it if it performs well in VR and specifically, with the Quest 2?

thanks in advance

Hp G2 here, but i guess my answer is still valid.
It’s kida cool for 3-4 races, but then wears out. Very monotone. You go around in circle and this means its very difficoult to overtake anyone within the race unless the other part is doing something really wrong.
The racing addon from ORBX is much more versitile, even the free riverrace addon is more of a challange.
So, naaa. Dont bother unless you want a few new aircrafts

1 Like

thank you very much for the feedback. I suspected it could be repetitive and the novelty of the amount of aircraft is not really valuable to me since I have many payware that are much more interesting.

I think I will holdoff then and buy something else. cheers @GeirTeigo !

I agree, I was excited to get Reno, but after a couple of races its Meh and I haven’t been back. Would love to see the ability to use different aircraft and the need to balance your power with prop settings and mixture, but alas the REno races, is “all the aircraft are the same” and the you just put full throttle… Its like racing in an old arcade game… IMHO.

bummer they just did it that way. for that price point, I would expect more. Thanks for relaying your thoughts.

Quest 2 here. I agree with the above, got bored after a few races- plus now the lobbies are pretty much empty.

BUT - I do really enjoy flying the planes that came with the basic pack in the sim world. The Mustang is a handful and I have enjoyed trying to learn it. The Pitts is more aggressively aerobatic than the default one and the Texan is just really nice. (Jets are not my thing, so have only flown the jet a few times). So I found good value for 4 planes for the price.

1 Like

You are truthful in your assessment, you do get four somewhat decent planes in the pack, but that’s about it. To be honest, I don’t fly the Mustang as I prefer to fly the Spitfire or Corsair, the aircraft are far superior to the Asobo models and so fun to fly. I don’t fly the Texan, as I use the Piper Arrows or Warrior as my trainer. I have zero interest in bi-planes, and the L39, though a great little jet in reality just fails in the sim. I much prefer flying one of the 3rd party jets like the F14 Tomcat or F35 Lightning II.
The other annoying thing, and this is regardless of what you fly: You need to HAVE the liverys of any of the planes if you are not flying within reno… How many times have I seen a P51 in the guise of a 747…? this should be an easy fix…

I mean i’m used to watching an F14 disguised as an a380 doing a full 90 degree nose up takeoff with full afterburners but this…this sounds downright comical…

1 Like

Asobo has plans to improve it over time, by, for instance, an option to allow actual plane performance rather than even performance across the board, plus other features.

No, it’s not an easy fix. You have to have the correct models in place to show the correct model.

They are working on concepts to fix the issue and hope to eventually have an answer that doesn’t affect performance, but, the point is, in answer to your comment, no, it’s not an easy fix.

They’ve talked quite extensively about this issue in the developer Q&A’s. I find it utterly amazing how few people are aware of / watch these Q&A’s, especially people who have opinions on how easy it is to develop flight simulators.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.