Repeated CTD's 1.18.14.0 & 1.18.15.0

Yep, since the update I can’t land the 787 on autopilot as CTD every time I do an ILS approach to runway 07 Sydney.

Did a completely fresh install to make sure no 3rd party stuff was causing it and CTD every time.

About CDTs, I just disabled “MSI Afterburner” and “NahimicService”. I haven’t had a stability problem since.

Take a look to see if any of these services or programs are running in the background and test:

1. Seagate Toolkit
  2. Nahimic service
  3. Asus Sonic Studio 2
  4. Windows Audio Service
  5. Garmin Express
  6. WD Backup
  7. Logitech G Hub
  8. Project Lasso software
  9. MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server
  10. EVGA Precision
  11. OBS
  12. Xsplit
  13. Discord
  14. MacType
  15. Warsaw Banking App
  16. Wallpaper Engine
  17. A-Volute Sound studio
  18. Malwarebytes
  19. Trend Micro Maximum Security
  20. Comodo Antivirus
  21. Sophos
  22. Emisoft Anti-Malware
  23. Avira
  24. Avast & Avast Cleanup
  25. Bullguard

FlyTampa EKCH works for me.

better to rever to forums posts and / or the FAQs which mention these list too and will be held up2date.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015893879-Crashing-CTDs-issues

1 Like

I find this a weird one tbh, doesn’t this mean system sounds are non-functional when disabled?

I also think this shouldn’t be allowed to be an issue, Asobo is pretty much making a Microsoft product for Windows, it should be atleast compatible with stock parts of their OS dont you agree :stuck_out_tongue:

First time it’s been mentioned on here so I doubt that’s it unless it’s in conflict with other audio products or maybe a flaky connection.

Sure, but this is just the list to the response to the Zendesk ticket I got.
For my part, the problem came from MSI Afterburner and / or Nahimic Service.

it is not the windows audio service itself, instead the sound drivers. These entry within the list is bit “misleading” :wink: … it comes may be from the testcase which users can do “1 stop Win…Audio…Ser , 2 start game, 3 start Win…Audio…Serv”

KERNELBASE.dll provoque un plantage. - Communauté Microsoft

Thanks for taking the time to reply. No, I have no mods, no third party content, and I no longer even have any Asobo add-ons since I did a clean install of the game and left it vanilla. I shut off all of the non-essential start-up stuff, turned off traffic, set graphics settings to low, updated NVidia drivers. As I already noted above, I have no overclock.

Since my CTD is 100% reproducible in the sense that I have never gotten past clicking “Fly” since SU5 came along, I am resigned to the game being non-functional until Asobo find a fix.

1 Like

I am in the exact same place as you bud. My experience echos yours.

Same. A simple VFR fly with Da 40…

Then I can only ask if your install location is the same as always? just in case there was something left over say on another drive? The other ask is to disable audio and even unplug peripherals and external drives. Just to get you started then maybe you can narrow it down. BTW there is no essential stuff in startup, you can disable all of it without any fear e.g. AV will still run without suppying notifications etc. All the entries will still be there later.

Would just like to add that I’m at a complete loss here. I just had a successful 1 hour flight this afternoon, tried to do it again this evening it crashes. Same system, same hardware, same OS.

I’m getting an event ID 1000 right after a “Disk X has been disconnected” event viewer log. It seems completely random. I have tried everything including nuking and reinstalling the sim from scratch. I have manually edited page file sizes, I have messed with game modes, uninstalled as many USB devices as I could. I am completely gutted. Can someone please confirm this is being worked on or if it’s going to be sorted out at some point as at this point this is clearly a software fault.

Yes that is a puzzle which makes me think that it might also depend on the state of the servers. I get the same…one day nothing but problems next day it just works as it should.

Try without multiplayer and atc off or even completely offline if it still happens. That’s where these types of CTD’s often seem to come from … maybe outside traffic

It could also be just busy internet in between (someone reported 27 hops to their server) or if you are on wifi another signal interfering with yours

Traffic off completely, no MP flights…I’ve tried it all, I’ve been trying since the 28th July :frowning:

no external drive trying to save power? (could also be usb or even sata) if installed on multiple drives do they share the same file system? Do they have plenty enough space and are your SSDs trimmed recently?

No external HDD, installed in a single dedicated 1TB m2 SSD drive that is properly trimmed. The hardware is not the issue because it runs, it just did this afternoon, it did until SU5 was released. Something significant has to have changed at the application level to cause this level of instability.