Replace gflt in ModelLib

Hello all,

I’m nearly done with my replacement airport project for Ohio University airport and have found that some of the buildings in the ModelLib asset I created need to be tweaked. I started the project by exporting the glft and bin from blender using Blender2MSFS, and then place them in my “ModelLib” folder. I then build the package and the scenery object appears in the “Objects” window. I then built up all the rest of my airport (runways, taxiways, parking, etc). Now I’m not sure how to rebuild just the ModelLib with a new glft and bin.Has anyone found a good way to do this?

There’s an SDK Discussion Channel on our Discord Server that might help.

Great. Can you send me an invite?

Hi @RaptrFliteMM,

Here’s a link to a topic for the Official MSFS Discord Server.

Also, there is a developer support forum here:
https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com

Thank you… when I click on verify it tells me that I fail verification and that I already have an account. But when I go look at the topics I only have the #verify one

For issues joining, see this topic and who to contact:

Official MSFS Discord Server: Access Issues - Student Pilots / Forum Guide - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I have moved your topic into the SDK section of the forum. #sdk-discussion:airports

Thanks @Hester40MT. I sent a DM to one of the mods

1 Like

Let me know if you still need help with joining the discord.

I found the answer on another forum in the meantime. By editing the actual glft file in my ModelLib folder, Blender2MSFS back out to it, go all the way back to main start menu in msfs, open the project, clean\build all, then go back to the airport and changes are in place! I do tons of research before I ever resort to posting, and I find it’s srsly about finding just the exact search terms sometimes :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.