Replacement Honeycomb Bravo Commercial Levers? (and other neat toys I found!)

I’ve got a Bravo. I stumbled upon Etsy, and now I’ve got several items that I wanted to let you all know about.

737 Thrust Levers - VERY cool. You have to cannibalize two of your commercial levers to use them though, just be aware of that. I don’t have a problem with buying another #2 and #3 commercial lever, but f’ing Honeycomb won’t ship to Hawai’i. (sigh) I’ve emailed them, hopefully I can get them to change their policy, as I can’t find the replacement levers anywhere else.

THIS thing is frickin’ cool. It’s a tablet / iPad holder for the top of your Alpha (or Bravo I suppose). I’ve got an older iPad Mini and a new iPad Pro. Both fit the 5-8mm holders WITHOUT A CASE. Lol. If I had to do it again, I’d get the 8-11mm models as I’m pretty sure both iPads would fit with a case on then. (Oh, and Air Manager on the iPad. They’ve got an Android and PC version too. A little pricey at $23, but oh man - having a bigger set of gauges right in front of me so I don’t have to zoom in to the cockpit to see… worth it. (and if you’re worried about size, the iPad Mini looks great. The iPad Pro looks awesome though!) Oh - if you’ve got a Tobii Eye Tracker, keep that in mind too. The iPad Pro is too tall and blocks the Eye Tracker lol but the Mini fits!

Finally, the Clipboard. - the last two items were from “Homecockpit” on Etsy. The only negative remark about this one is (and it’s a really “nit-picky” complaint!) - the clipboard is textured from the 3d printing. It’s sort of a cross-hatch pattern.

5 Likes

Welcome to the world of Air Manager. Many users here including myself have cockpits based around using touch screens as the instrument panel. The idea is we banish the mouse while flying and display and control everything about the aircraft on these displays using either touch , a knobster or other physical controls. Yes Air Manager supports hardware too. An example of my setup for the DA62.

2 Likes

Wow! That is really cool. I have a feeling Air Manager is going to be a rabbit hole…

Right now I’m just using it on the iPad, but I want to try modifying some of the gauges. Gonna have to read up on that!

Yes rabbit hole indeed, but very satisfying when you get things the way you want them.

1 Like

No word from Honeycomb yet (filed a ticket on their Zendesk). Snooped around on the Internet a little bit more, but still no luck finding an extra Commercial Lever #2 and #3. If anyone knows of where I can get 'em, please let me know! :slight_smile:

Remember these words well. They may be prophetic. lol

3 Likes

I dont have the Bravo quadrant, but really dont understand these lever addons. Though they look neat, dont you loose the electrical connection (i.e. buttons that come with the orginal levers)

Don’t know if this is exactly what you want. Do a search on either YouTube or internet for honeycomb levers with detents. One enterprising fellow is making aftermarket levers with detents for flaps and Spoilers, he may be able to make up some new throttle levers for you.

And although might be expensive, I would give Honeycomb a call, get with person who will own your request and see if working with them that way get what you need. I am selling mine, have a Virpil Throttle unit on order, desk space limitations for HC.

Believe “Aerosoft” is the parent company if I am not mistaken, but don’t follow at all.

Ended up buying commercial lever #2 and #3. They’ll go to Minnesota to a friends house first, then out here to Hawai’i. Absolutely baffling, because they let me order two of the Alpha / Bravo covers (which are really nice) and shipped them out here no problem.:man_shrugging:t3:

Two support tickets, one two months ago and one two weeks ago on their Zendesk have gone unanswered.

Fantastic products, complete lack of support. :confused:

To give them a little credit, as I understand it. Home Office might be European, with USA subsidiary unit. They like most business, is just overwhelmed with supply side crisis, so almost positive they are dealing with thousands of units sitting someplace trying to break them free to ship to end users. That said, it doesn’t take much to respond to ticket or customer request. So, I am on same page as you. Customer Support is something business better start paying attention too. People are going to vote with their wallet, and if not on top of CS, you will lose.

1 Like

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong here, but I believe Honeycomb Aeronautical is a San Diego, California company.

I understand that the holiday season happened recently, but to be two months behind on your tickets - as a 25 year IT Support guy, yeah. “Room for improvement.”

Not trying to “slam” or “blast” Honeycomb. I think they make great products. I am really enjoying the Alpha and Bravo, and once the Charlie (rudder pedals) is available, I will be ordering that as well.

Hi everyone,

I’ve been looking around, and it still seems like the only place you can purchase replacement levers for the Honeycomb Bravo are through the Honeycomb website. I am looking for:

• Commercial Lever #1
  • Commercial Lever #3

Both of those levers as well as the full commercial set are sold out. (Levers are $10 ea, and the full set is $60.) There is a full set of commercial levers available on eBay, but it also shows $21 shipping. :\ No thank you.

I’ve tried contacting Honeycomb several times since November, 2021, and have not been able to get a reply through email or reach them on the phone. I’ll say it again - great products, absolutely horrid customer service.

Anybody got any suggestions?

For which airplane are you looking for the levers, and are you talking about the throttle levers?

I understand that you will need to find the items first, but maybe consider the use of a parcel forwarding/reshipping company.

I had to use one to get my son an oculus quest from Germany, before they were available in the UK. As luck would have it, the quest arrived just as oculus made them available in the UK.

It might not work out any cheaper but perhaps worth a look.

1 Like

Looking for the actual levers. Commercial lever #1 and Commercial #3. The handles aren’t important, as those get replaced with cool stuff from Etsy :smiley:

Yeah, the stupid things have to be in stock first!

I haven’t used a freight forwarding service before, but that is certainly an option. I just can’t understand why the exact same company would ship me covers for the throttle and yoke setups, but not the levers? :confused:

Great idea about the levers. To bad he doesn´t ship to europe. I like to move two axis it just give a better feel and more resistance naturally so I would just need some cover that you fit over the two handles and it would be a really good size and would be easy to remove without need for extra levers.

I finally got a chance to chat with the Customer Support Manager over at Honeycomb. They’re shifting some of the supply stuff for spares - he said that the throttle levers should be back in stock soon, and offered to help me out if they indicate they can’t be shipped to Hawai’i again. :+1:

I was pretty hard on Honeycomb’s customer support previously. I still believe that they have a lot of “opportunities to improve” in that area*, but but once I got in touch with them they were nothing but helpful!

*source - I work in an IT support role (long, long time now).