Replay Mode...is it close to release?

I am still not getting it.

If it a Position recorder, and it slews the plane again in playback, using recorded position and attitude data

or

Does it actually FLY the plane again, with the same user recorded inputs (like FsRecorder did in FSX) ??

1 Like

Is the beta already available? I´ll happily pay the 15€ if I get a working replay :slight_smile:

thanks!

1 Like

Hi! beta will be available this week ! I refined a couple of things and I waited my collaborator for a reworked readme ! Stay tuned ! I ll add new info as soon as I start beta in main thread and in my channels and support forum . Thanks for all attention that MSFS comunity has in my job .

3 Likes

While it does just say “backlog”, it does indicate they have a “prototype”, so that’s at least an indication that they are actively working it. I think in one of the Dev Q&As one of them just casually said something about them having one they use. But I’d have to go back through the video and find it.
Regards

Is there a trial version?

Will it run on my Android phone, or will I need another PC to record on, if I am already playing back on my gaming Computer??

They said that’s an internal debug tool they use for development purposes, and runs over the network or separate screens. Unfortunately that doesn’t mean they’re currently developing this as a replay feature for release.

Seeing that loading a saved flight or just pausing the simulator have been known to utterly break the simulator, there are probably a few missing parts under the hood that need to be addressed before they can even get to this.

I am EXTREMELY INTERESTED in this! :clap:

Thank you!

1 Like

For now trial version it is too much work for me … but dont worry i ll put extensive video demo in my youtube channel! Stay tuned!

Yes - this is EXACTLY what I would like to see:
The same as FSX, where you can for example replay the landing from the wing view (my favourite).

A replay function without this capability would be of no interest to me at all.

I am no software expert, but I imagine it would be a whole lot easier for Asobo to do this than a 3rd P dev?

I’m almost tempted to jump back into FSX to do a few landings, just to have this pleasure again…

I know and Sceencast-O-Matic I use to edit and publish to YouTube.

1 Like

in fact this would be a mandatory addition to the release version. But I think they forgot !!!

1 Like

My recorder it is not only a simple record position … I tell you i cannot use Slew system for replay (old way to do this things) . I cannot enter in detailed implementation obviously but there are complex algo to achive a good results .

After the first v4.5 release (the first compatible with MSFS) i ll open a discussion for new v5 version (scheduled next version is 2021) I ll add also other features like “raw input replay”)

whatever all that means

By the time this feature is released my flares will be silky smooth and my side slips a thing of beauty. I just wish the AI planes made an attempt at flaring on landing.

BY the time this feature is released I’ll have retired

Why can’t you just honestly say what your Re-player is designed doing, and cut the secretive Bull.

“I cannot enter in detailed implementation obviously” Obviously why ??

“A good result” what result. ??

Good luck with your project – whatever it really is … but it does not sound like Fs Recorder – but then again, who knows what it really sounds like, because you refuse to tell us !!! …

BTW April 1st is a long way away

1 Like

Yup another example of where KISS is the best policy. I’d shell out for a reliable replay function where you can switch views during playback and which doesn’t impact the already questionable performance of the game. For this I would put my fingers in my wallet. No need for any other fancy pants bull shyte.

I hope we gonna get it soon. Sometimes I get some of the amazing and impossible landings and it’s really sad that I can’ see how it all looked from a different pov

1 Like

I’ll keep watching your development…So are you replaying the flight using data from in the sim itself? As it is in-engine playback? I still am a bit confused at what exactly is going on.

All I want is to be able to “record” flight data, and go back to replay it while freely moving the camera around during playback. Not interested in any type of pre-recorded video format with fixed views.