Replay Mode...is it close to release?

For me MSFS has been an absolute joy and returned me to flight simming after 10+ years.

But one thing which would make it even better is a replay mode…

I know this has been covered in numerous topics already, but can we get some insight from the developers on a likely release date? (beyond a generic ‘backlog’ status)

11 Likes

i think you will have to wait and wait and wait again.

You can also record your flight. I use Screencast-O-Matic for that for roughly €15/year. Then you can even publish your flight, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNvvcZXLRAU&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

1 Like

They already have provided information on the dev roadmap which is published every Thursday.

1 Like

I couldn’t find any indication of timing beyond ‘backlog’ in the development updates.

Please share if you have more specific info we have missed.

1 Like

Thanks but I don’t think you can change views unfortunately

3 Likes

Hi!

I m the developer of FlightControlReplay tool .

We are in beta for MSFS compatibility. We added a lot of feature especially for MSFS !

At the end of years of engine development (partially already in place for other platforms FSX and P3D and ESP) i m proud to be here also compatible with MSFS :wink:

This is a tool that replicates Flight recorded and use complex algorithm for play and instant replay the flight (it is not a simple video recorder that record output ). Simmer will also Render a Video framebyframe creating his custom video at a custom Framerate! This is only one of features … you can use Re-Live Replay , Replay a flight that can be played as a Formation Flight …

i have a lot of share with you ! Features and Hardware integration ! (Like Surface Dial, Surface Pen , Xbox Controller, DofReality Platform etcetc). Next days i ll go into more details …

A lot of surprises !

If you want more follow simflight forum , FlightOnFly Instagram and if you want see p3d and fsx version see this at simmarket !

Fabio

15 Likes

Amazing - great to hear!

1 Like

You can also use nVidia’s geforce experience to record your gameplay for free if you have an nVidia graphics card.

2 Likes

Excellent replay app that uses google earth.

2 Likes

Does this app already works with MSFS 2020? Does It have a trial period to try It before buy? I thinks this is quite important.
Thanks.

OH… you had me exited to may think this was like the FSRecorder, that recorded the inputs to the plane, and then allowed it to “fly” again, playing back those inputs.

Maybe it is ?

A tool more like the old FsRecorder would allow someone to fly the plane and record that flight, and then be able to replay it, with al the same inputs being applied to the plane, and reproduce the flight again …
or
More exciting, alnyone anyone else, (on different PC etc) to reproduce that flight.

ie A Test Script for testing the Sim with a repeatable flight, not open to human error in its reconstruction.

With that in mind, a FsRecorder type off function would seem to be a much needed tool for QC testing of the sim

Hi! Flightcontrolreplay v4.5 is in beta and it is compatible with p3d fsx esp and MSFS . It is not only a record tool , it is also a play tool , an instan replay tool that it permit you fly last couple of minutes to avoid piloting errors , integrate with VR mode, integrate with hardware , api for use replay features with other sw … compatibility with most of commercial aircraft with constant update etc etc etc … custom interpolation mode that it permits record and play at a user chooses frame … (for example record at 20 FPS and play at 60 FPS without data loss) … etc etc

Stay tuned for more :sunglasses:

To those suggesting recording with Geforce Experience and other tools that can basically record your screen output, I think you guys are missing the point. Many of us want a replay tool where we can record a flight and then later play it back from viewpoints other than cockpit view. For instance, I enjoy flying airshow routines and then later watching my flight from the viewpoint of a spectator on the ground. This has been a feature in virtually every flight simulator for as long back as I can remember, so I am amazed it was not included at launch for MSFS,

10 Likes

This addons is really necessary… It’s the minimum…

1 Like

Just a guess, but considering that many people even with high end machines are experiencing some performance/stuttering etc… maybe adding something that records as well might just make that a lot worse if it has to keep writing to your hard drive.
Perhaps they are hoping to improve the overall performance and iron out a lot of the bugs before looking into a replay mode.

Yup. The only reason I imagine. There are a lot of ways to simply record what you see, but a lot of us like to “sit” in the passenger seats on a nice approach and take in the view for the landing, do a few replays from the tower, the ground, etc

It’s a travesty that MSFS doesn’t have this yet, as the graphic presentation begs you to re-watch your flights!

6 Likes

Totally agree - it’s such an elementary feature - which is why it would be great if they could be more specific on when it’s coming…

2 Likes

With FlightControlReplay you ll can do that , record a flight , play it and for example choose at play time the camera you want use :blush::ok_hand:

I agree too. Really want a replay feature. The impression I get is that its not high priority for Asobo right now so we may need to wait for some time.