Reports of MS Holding All Third-Party Development Aircraft Submissions

DC Designs have recently reported that … all developers have been informed by the Microsoft Marketplace Team that all submissions of aircraft etc are on hold due to problems with the SU11 system.

Has there been any official news on this from MS? If no, and it’s true, why have we not been informed?

3 Likes

Just wondering why the SU11 issues many people are experiencing were not picked up in the beta testing.

1 Like

They were reported, but SU11 had a deadlock set in stone release date that could not be delayed so those reports went unfixed.
When they get fixed it’s the big question, perhaps this issue with modders planes being delayed is to give the Devs time to fix the issues relating to them.

1 Like

As noted, there is a public beta for an SU11 update active as we speak. As to a date, it’ll likely be at least 3 weeks… Just a guess there, but seems reasonable. I wonder if they’ll even consider multiple updates as some issues were known and fixed prior to release, but the fixes didn’t make it to the release candidate in time for production release.

1 Like

Because they rushed it out to meet a deadline instead of testing properly as usual deadlines seem more important than a quality reliable update.

3 Likes

Not to pile on you or anything, but this comes up a lot after updates. I’ll just remind folks we have known issues from launch and identified regressions from multiple SUs going back years that are still unresolved, so identification is clearly not the issue with getting bugs fixed.

1 Like

I realize everyone’s frustration here, but, let’s remember what MS / Asobo is dealing with.

In order to stay relevant and in business, any company is going to need to have a marketing plan. The 40th Anniversary release 1. depended on the release of technology released in SU11, 2. Was a HUGE, extremely complex release with tons of moving pieces, 3. Was a necessary part of their marketing plan which has obviously kept this product growing MUCH faster than anyone anticipated. As a result, as anyone who’s ever had to deal with running a project knows, they had hard deadlines to meet because soooo many people and different organizations were involved in the release. And, as we all know, the more successful they are at marketing and delivering product improvement, which they did in spades here despite some niggling issues, that means more resources for them to improve the product even faster.

Asobo and Microsoft have already proved their commitment to quality releases and fixing all bugs, and that they intend to continue the upward trend of their work on this. They already had a fix candidate ready for beta testing when SU11/40th was released and testing is ongoing. I expect we’ll probably see a couple of releases to address issues before SU12 is released, the first likely released in the next few weeks.

Point being, this release was not “rushed” out. It was a year in the making and was released on time, which is a huge accomplishment. They will address the issues that they couldn’t get to before release. Yes, there are issues, but, it’s not unusable.

As far as reports MS is holding things back, to me, that’s an example of their commitment to quality, it’s not a problem.

9 Likes

There’s many many bugs & regressions from the past two+ years, where are you getting “fixing all bugs” from exactly? I’ve seen no evidence of this; Weather, AI, ATC, VR have all regressed, have all got issues and so far it appears Weather is the only one getting any sort of attention.

6 Likes

I’m sorry you feel this way. Personally, I’ve been using the software since first release, and I’ve seen their release process improve leaps and bounds. As an engineer myself, I understand what they’ve been facing and what it’s like to do what they do. Good luck in finding the perfect product you’re looking for. I’m extremely happy with what we’ve got personally, and I fly for real.

2 Likes

Ok firstly I’ve also been using it since day one, secondly you don’t have to be an engineer to know that regressions can happen but it’s good practice to go about fixing them thereafter that matters. That is what is not happening here, of course there will never be a “perfect” simulation, I’m not naive enough to think so, all I ask is that old bugs & regressions at least get looked at which is apparent they are not. Is that so hard to ask?
It’s great to get free stuff, new features, world Updates etc etc it’s not great that bugs and regressions added to this Sim since release are still yet to be fixed and get seemingly ignored every Q&A.

I’m not asking for perfection, I’m asking for acceptance from Jorg/MS/Asobo that they pay at least some attention to what they’ve broken in the past and they they intend to fix them sooner rather than later.

4 Likes

Just to be clear, this is entirely opinion, unless you have some hard metrics to post?

4 Likes

Have you been watching the development Q&A’s? Did you see that the SU11 update is already in public beta test? Do we have to post all the times that they’ve acknowledged what you are asking them to acknowledge? I don’t understand where you are coming from. All the things you’ve discussed have not regressed overall, except maybe AI. I don’t know enough about AI to judge if it’s regressed, although I did see a reduction of parked planes at airports after SU10.

Weather - was better before the SU7 downgrade and is yet to get back to those standards, agreed more of an opinion but is widely shared in the community.
AI - it’s worse in SU11, reported everywhere
ATC - seemingly suffering from issues it never had.
VR - It’s a fact this has regressed, multiple issues since SU5/7 have yet to be fully addressed. Mouse issue for example was far better SU2 to SU4, plenty of threads on these issues to be found.

1 Like

No, they’re just marketing exercises, some good content that I later watch out of interest. Yes SU11 post beta, great, what about the issues from past updates?
VR has regressed, that is a fact.

I use an HP G2 rev 2 with a 3080TI, and personally I’ve seen VR improve since I got it early in the year. I imagine there are differences in how I use the sim and other people’s expectations, I don’t know what the regressions in VR are. I haven’t experienced any other than the popup window issue not remembering its size. Which, who cares? Other than that, VR works amazing for me.

Well then, stop complaining about them not acknowledging their issues since that’s exactly what they do every time. Obviously, you don’t really care about their actions and just want to vent your frustration and place that frustration on MSFS.

They have directly demonstrated improvements in their development process and going after bugs reported by the community. If you can’t accept the fact that marketing is a necessary process for any business, well, than it is what it is in that regard.

2 Likes

Just because you don’t care doesn’t mean other people don’t, for reference see this thread for just some of the Regressions & Issues whereby VR has gone backwards not forwards:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/jorg-neumanns-q-a-response-to-regression-bugs/

And yes, I also love flying in VR with this Sim, I’m simply not blind nor quiet to the issues at hand, I’m not here to pretend everything is “perfect”, I’m here to make my voice heard as a loyal customer that I wish these regressions and issues to be fixed but so far over a year on…radio silence…which is incredibly frustrating.

This guy sees the big picture. It’s staggering to think of everything that needs to come together in order to make this thing work, and their goals/issues/deadlines/bug fixes transcend all areas of the business, as well as a couple of different continents and teams. Can’t even think of a close comparison, in any industry.

1 Like

Sorry to hijack the thread but I’m guessing the blurry textures and bad LOD on Xbox is going to be fixed with SU11 public release?

Seb addressed the LOD issue during the Twitch stream a couple days ago. Worth a look if you haven’t seen it.

1 Like

SU11 was always a fixed date and couldn’t be moved. Microsoft spent money marketing Nov 11 as the 40th anniversary date. Just like SU5 and SU7, those are firm dates that can’t be moved and the release will happen on that date, whether the community likes it or not.

The irony is, so many people kept asking the MSFS team to extend the SU 10 beta testing time, even in late August. Like geez, SU10 was ready to go out the door in late August. Yet there was still a chunk of the MSFS community that wanted SU10 beta to be extended. The longer the SU10 beta took, the more time it ate into the SU11 beta testing time.

These people that wanted SU10 beta to be extended in late August didn’t think much about SU11, especially that SU11 was a firm date.

What should have happened was that SU10 be released in late August (instead of the SU10 beta being extended into September), and the SU11 beta start earlier. Hopefully, next time, the MSFS community will recognize special releases like SU5, SU7, and SU11 where the date cannot be moved. This means we need the SU beta before these special releases to wrap up in time, so that we can get a more lengthy beta for these special releases.

TLDR: The long SU10 beta ate into the length of the SU11 beta.

1 Like