Reproducible CTD at Impulse Simulations YPAD Adelaide Airport

I’m really sorry to hear that. I used YPAD on my PC and did a few circuits without any problem. It sounds like it may either be an Xbox-specific issue or something very specific to you, I’m afraid. I don’t know why.

Yeah I think it’s xbox specific as others have reported the same on here.

I’ve no idea if there’s anything I can do to help you. Do you have a discord channel, I couldn’t find one?

MSFS has an official Discord server. But moderators are not technical support. We don’t have the tools to debug anything.
Two things I would suggest trying if you haven’t already:

1. Turning off photogrammetry (if that’s an option in Xbox) and seeing if you get the CTD.
  2. Uninstalling the airport, turning photogrammetry back on, and seeing if you get a CTD.

Sorry it’s too late I should have gone to bed already, I thought the reply was from Impulse.

No worries. I think they only have that email address.

It’s been a long road on this one.

I think around the time of SU10, Impulse Simulations published a new update which claimed optimisation of LOD for xbox. Sadly that didn’t fix it, still crashed all of the time.

SU10 didn’t fix it.

SU11 didn’t fix it.

AAU1 has fixed it!

It was improved already with the early betas of AAU1 but the final beta and official release have finally made this scenery work most of the time in xbox. I’ve been using it lots and maybe it crashed once? I do get black avionics screens with the A310 but it doesn’t crash, and those can recover so at least I get the flight in. With lighter craft it works with no issues. Actually now I remember if I jump into the A310 at the gate without freshly restarting the sim it has CTD immediately, which is why I always quit and restart MSFS for each flight.

I think the problem all along has been that this scenery is a bit in the heavy side for xbox and combined with the problems Asobo have been having stabilising the sim with heavy scenery it’s unfortunately been unusable for much of a year. Hopefully now it’s working it will stay that way, fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Glad to hear it!! Congrats!

1 Like

Great to hear that :grinning: