Reproducible CTD at LOWL?

Hi, today I was flying from Switzerland to Vienna and while I was descending somewhere close to Linz (LOWL) the sim suddenly crashed with a dreaded VCRUNTIME104.dll error.

At first I was angry and weary about diving into the whole dll-error thing, but then I noticed that some people have been reporting crashes at LOWL as well within the last month on flightsim.to LOWL sceneries. I then tried to load up a flight at LOWL but during the loading the sim crashes to desktop, again with a VCRUNTIME104.dll error.

I then tried some steps including

• removing all content from the Community folder
  • uninstalling Navigraph
  • deleting the rolling cache
  • deleting overide.json, mapcache, SceneryIndexes and Content.xml
  • using different planes

Every single time the sim crashes at LOWL with the same dll error in the event viewer.
Flights from my usual starting locations are working fine as usual.

I am kindly requesting for people to also see if this is happening on their machines so we can maybe escalate this.

Thank you very much!

Hi, just wanted to give an update: either due to several PC restarts and consequently some other temporary data deleted in addition to what I already tried to delete, or after todays update for the Maverick DLC, or after some server-side fix - whatever the case may be, it seems the LOWL region no longer causes a crash.

Hello,
is the same for me. Since yesterday’s WorldUpdate there is no longer a popup, but a ctd immediately.

Hi all,
had just a flight from LOWS (Salzburg) to LOWL (Linz) and back to Salzburg without any problem. 156 entrys in the community folder, roling cash on.

1 Like

Hello - is (was) the same for me.

• Flying over the area LOWL (Linz) + LOLW (Wels) > CTD
  • LOWL = Airport of departure > CTD
  • LOLW = Airport of departure > CTD

BTW: LOWL is my “home base” > BIG PROBLEM :frowning:

The solution in my case was:

• removing all content from the Community folder
  • deleting the rolling cache
  • deleting all *.dat files in the SceneryIndexes folder and
  • deleting the Content.xml file

Next steps:

• Start MSFS without content in the Community folder
    A short flight from LOWL to LOLW (touch and go) and back to LOWL
    Everything is normal/OK!

• Start MSFS with/incl. content in the Community folder
    Everything is normal/OK!

BTW - look at:
This homepage > Home > FAQ > Promoted articles > How to restore the sim to its vanilla state (incl. file/folder location)

Liebe Grüße aus Oberösterreich

1 Like

Are these files all considered temporary?

My findings on CTDs is something gets corrupted when sim updates are pushed. If I can make fixes without a full reinstall, that would be great.

IMHO, we shouldn’t have to be working so hard to debug the sim if fixes like these are so easy.

The problem comes irregularly again and again, for me only new install of sim work :frowning:

Happened to me just. Flying at FL360 about 50 miles from Linz then CTD with the VCRUNTIME error. tried to load in four times at Linz (LOWL) three times trying to spawn at the runway and once at a gate and still crashes. I load in at another airport no crashes what so ever.

After reading this post - I tested LOWL

• at RWY 26
  • with PMDG 737
  • MSFS - Start incl. contents of my community_folder

my_community_folder

No problems - everything is fine !
Liebe Grüße aus LOWL in Oberösterreich

Okay interesting I restarted my computer since I had a windows update and I can now load in. I pretty much have the same community folder with A310 installed