Reprojection in Quest 3

I guess this topic has been discussed a lot and I am sorry about that but all the threads I find are so old that it’s difficult to find out whether they are still relevant or not.

I have a high end PC (RTX 5080) but I am still using an HP Reverb G2. Everything is nice and perfectly smooth with reprojection, but I am seriously fed up with the ridiculous sweet spot, having to move the head all the time to read the instruments is very annoying.

I am thinking about moving to Q3, you can get them for a very fair price these days, second hand.

I have already tested the Q3 (not in MSFS) and I like it. However I would like to have confirmation that it worth the change, in particular I am a bit afraid of the reprojection not working perfectly in MSFS2024. It is very important to me, I hate VR under 90 fps without reprojection, I just can’t stand it. I want to know how reprojection in the Quest comapre to reprojection in the Reverb G2 in OpenXR.

From what I read it relies on OpenXR toolkit, however this software is obsolete now, even on its web site it’s said that we should not use it anymore.

Also I plan to use the cable, not Wifi, I don’t have wiki 6.

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks.

I love my Quest 3 but I don’t have any other headset to compare it with. My biggest gripe with it is I have to have a connection to Zuckerberg.

You don’t use OpenXR Toolkit. Go through Virtual Desktop. They have a USB mode now in their experimental version that works well. I still prefer Wifi but yes it requires a better router.