Requesting a Boeing 727 (passenger and Cargo) for Both platforms

Hard to believe that after the amount of time we’ve had this sim, there is still no 727. Just say’n.

2 Likes

I think FSReborn and SimWorks Studios are working on a 727. It should be good when it comes I think but my expectation is that the wait will be a while yet.

1 Like

Yes. Kind of was my point I guess. They announced over a year ago. Just disappointed that nothing surfaced yet.

3 Likes

I would think that this would be a massive project for both of these devs with a massive amount of learning needed. I think they also want to make it study level as well (I would expect nothing less from these guys) which will also have a major time impact too.

I mean the 727 is a big step up from the Sting S4 or even the FSR 500 or the PC 12 and both of the devs are also currently working on their own projects too.

Raul (FSReborn) is working on the Phenum 300 I think as well as finishing up on the FSR 500 and SWS is still finishing the PC12 and (presumably) working on the failures package for that AC.

Given that both devs have pretty small teams (I think) I am not expecting anything happening that quickly.

Despite what I have said though I agree that a brief update would be welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

A PMDG 727 would be absolutely epic. They’ve made comments over the years about wanting to do one… Maybe someday.

1 Like

SWS and FSReborn (me) are working on the B727 with 3D works now beginning.

SWS is not a small team, they are way bigger than me in hence why I partnered with them in the first place. Despite of what lots of users think, many 3rd party aircraft developers do respect each other, we also help each other (a lot!), many of US have a code of honour where we also try to avoid making the same aircraft another dev is doing or planning to do… and if a conflict cannot be avoided for any reasons, we always try to find solutions privately in order to prevent any of the parties involved from incurring into a financial loss.

In terms of why the partnership took place between SWS and FSReborn for Boeing 727, it is because as explained above, lots of developers in the space are aware the B727 is absolutely my favourite aircraft of all time and they knew I wanted to do it… simply put is, so far it is my biggest dream to build this aircraft for MSFS, many of these devs knowing my passion and how much I do want this aircraft to be made, have respectfully left it to me.

Alex from SWS called me one day to my mobile and told me he had one of his 3D artist telling him he would love to make the 727… (he was testing the waters), I explained Alex I was planning to do it and how much I love this aircraft, and gave him my personal reasons why, and how much it meant to me… accordingly Alex said: “If it means so much to you, I stay out of the way Raul, I value your friendship very much”… I said thank you Alex… and we ended the call.

However, Alex and myself work together in many things behind the scenes, when any of US find bugs or limitations in the SDK we normally call each other and vent the frustration, and most of the time we then do many follow up calls discussing ways to find solutions, prior to the partnership we used to talk almost daily or the very minimum once a week, pretty much we always find a way to find how to implement a solution, if I find the solution, I not only share it with Alex, sometimes I write code in C++ and give it to him so he can adapt it, or vice versa, if he find the solution and send me code in .XML, RPN, Java, etc. or tells me what to do so I can adapt it and implement it.

Giving this relationship, and how much I love B727 and being aware I had to accelerate development for the success of it, after few weeks of our initial call regarding the 727, I called Alex back… and I told him, look… I might be an amazing software engineer, great at writing code, design solutions and push the SDK to the limit… but I don’t have as much experience as you do with larger 3D models, larger projects of this size and realistically I cannot make this aircraft alone until I have sold a minimum of 5 to 6 further airplanes so I have funds to hire extra hands… in the other hand, you do have a larger team, you have much more experience than me with projects of this size… therefore would you like to partner with me for this project?.

Accordingly, we both were supper happy to work together and this is how this wonderful journey has started. Pay attention to the FSExpo 2024 expositor map, SWS and FSReborn are next to each other on the floor and we will be actually sharing the space, no division so people can some to see us as partners we are.

I hope you guys appreciate the candor of how this started, and yes TL3000 and Phenom 300E are my next projects in the roadmap to release (I need income to fund more stuff for 727 and more future amazing plans I have with SWS and as FSReborn as well), but this doesn’t mean other projects like 727 are not under development behind the scenes, I am always on the move… so do is Alex and his amazing SWS team… and 727 is moving… will it take time to reach release? yes it will… but so what? I want to do it perfect… so does Alex… and Jorg / Microsoft are also aware I am making the 727 with Alex, I told him personally…

So to finish this post, it is important to re-inforce that I don’t care if anybody else does a 727… this is my biggest dream… so it will happen not matter what… is a project driven by passion and not by financial reasons…:wink:

All my love,
Raul

7 Likes

I can tell you, I will be in line to get it when it is released.
I flew on a lot of them back in the day.

2 Likes

I will be one of the first to pay for a B727. That was and is still my favorite airliner of all time. My very first flight was on a green Braniff International B727-200 from DFW to New York, Newark back in the summer of 1975. Came home on a red BI B727-100. I was 14 years old. I flew on too many to count after that. There is nothing more beautiful than a B727 on short final configured for landing. Exhaust smoke pouring out of the 3 engines. I am waiting patiently for the B727 whenever it’s ready.

2 Likes

I love 727’s because of the tri engine design, plus we need more midsize options because I don’t really do crazy long haul routes and do more routes the aircraft around that size operate on :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is very positive Raul, as you’ve always been. As potential screen shots come to light, that would inspire many of us and keep our eyes on the progress too.

3 Likes