Requesting ability to edit waypoint list

Tried “Little Navmap”, without success:
MSFS2020 keeps crashing with this quite simple flight plan:
EDQH DCT ANELA DCT QT296 DCT EDQT

(QT296 defined as a User - Waypoint with at 49°51’49.62"N 10°49’05.16"E )

I can load the plan into the MSFS2020 Word map, it shows ok on the map, but as soon as i want to start the actual flight , MSFS2020 crashes
any ideas how to fix this ?

Not sure about why you’re unable to fly this. Here’s a screen grab of the flight plan shown in the Cub Crafters Cub, with the custom waypoint shown on both the VFR map and the Glass panel in the CC Cub. Wish I could be of more help… maybe try entering the waypoints directly? That’s what I did and it seems to work.

Hm, I even tried to fly from EDQ to EDQT directly, the plan made in the “world view” without loading a externally made plan and without any intermediate points, but MSFS keeps crashing with the Cessna C172 G1000 .
It first starts to load the flight after clicking “Fly” but in the last quarter of the progress bar -> crash.

This seems like a simple feature to add. We all realize that the flight planning in the
world map screen is not great. What if we could just click all of the way points
we want included in our flight plan and then just drag the different location tags
reorder them in any way we choose. Would be way easier to get
the flight plan in the order we want it.

2 Likes

like that idea. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A lot more Drag & drop is needed. both to the existing flight plan, as well to the navigation page, to set altitudes at point throughout the flight.

Also, while fixing this, remove the randomly Asobo created waypoints, and the CURVED tracks between waypoints, – unless it is a true RW procedure, like a DME arc onto an approach

(who can still fly a decent DME arc these days !!! )

I’ve not tried for the last few updates, but does the world map still put waypoints in some arbitrary order, seemingly based on distance to departure rather than the order you added they waypoints?

Last time I tried I ended up with some very odd routes, that made me juggle adding/removing them until they were in the right order. Drag, and drop would a splendid addon to alleviate that issue.

Plain and simple we need in game access to the flight planning menu or ability to create multileggers. In the world of lab shipments and small aircraft movements of cargo theres easy possibility for a plane to have three or four hops that are touch get cargo on the ground at a hardstand and roll back to the runway for the next leg. I’m not flightplanning four separate flights, thats one flight with four hops as different flight numbers. A real pilot doesn’t have to get out of their plane and go to the main menu to change flight plans around. In game menu or multileg please.

3 Likes

I agree completely. Flight planning is a very important part of flying an aircraft so the effort on this topic must be more developed accordingly.

This is ridiculous. I’m trying to add way points to setup my ILS and the sim doesn’t even use any logic to order them correctly. Why would I want to line up with the runway, then circle back and forth? I tried adding in reverse order, in order, in random order and it just decides to make up it’s own mine. Very frustrating especially for a software company who utilizes one of the biggest online mapping platforms with this way point optimizing feature already.

Need the ability to custom build a flight plan and choose the order of the waypoints. Right now, if you chose more than one non-airport waypoint it puts them in some strange order and they are useless. Need to have the ability to manually chose the order of waypoints either by assigning a waypoint number or have the ability to slide the waypoints to the correct order when looking at the flight plan on the map tab.

1 Like

What you need to do is create your flight plan, and let it stay in the wrong order. Then save it and open it in LNM (lLittle Nav Map). There you can move the individual ICAO’s and way points up and down, to any order you wish.

1 Like

I would really like some improvements here. As a newcomer to the genre and with 0 clue about planes I may “play” the game in a weird way but I think it would be beneficial to have improvements here.

I like to do a short flight from one airport to another, and once I’m there I would love to plan another small trip without having to restart the session. It maybe not very realistic but I’m just goofing around while still wanting some help from the game to navigate.

A lot of people recommends Little NavMap which is awesome but a little daunting for a new player. Even so I’ve learned the basics and I’m able to do some planning. But still, that doesn’t solve the issue of not being able to inject a flight plan into the game without having to restart the session. I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong but while I can see my plane move in real time in Little NavMap, I don’t see how to change anything on the app and update it in the sim.

The only app i’ve found that changes things in the sim live is FlightShare. Although I’m not sure if it updates the flight computer or just changes stuff on the sim when needed. But it doesn’t seem to do exactly the same as the game does when starting with a plan.

As a newcomer I would love to be able to change flight plan on the fly in the same way we set the initial one. So it shows in the plane computer, the autopilot works and even the AI assistance understand it. I know it may not make sense for seasoned players but for me that I played for a week only it would be very beneficial <3 (maybe the xbox update brings some improvements here?)