"Reservoir Run" - seaplanes & more

ATLANTIC COAST VIRTUAL FLYING CLUB
GROUP FLIGHT - “RESERVOIR RUN”
June 3 11am EDT 1500z
Seaplanes and more

Come fly your ICON A5 with ACVFC, leaving out of KXLL Allentown (PA) Queen City Municipal,
south over KUKT Quakerstown,
east to the Pennsylvania - New Jersey border,
north along the Delaware River for a bit,
then set up for putting down in the waters of
Merrill Creek Reservoir (NJ).

(If you don’t fly any seaplanes, put your heli down nearby, or your Cessna/Cub down at Markle, or just “ride along as a passenger” via Discord)

Voice Comms: Discord Atlantic Coast Virtual Flying Club

Date/Time: Saturday June 3 1500z 11am EDT (GMT-4) USA
 							      6pm Moscow

Full Flight Info - Google Drive PDF v3 updated 5/30/23 with KXLL airport diagram

These are plans to load for each category - Departure: seaplanes parking 6, airplanes parking 5, and heli parking 8 (I’ll be adjacent parking 7): These plans will put you in the stated parking with the appropriate endpoint plan for each aircraft category:

ReservoirRun-Airplanes-p5-KXLL-KUKT-56PA-2NJ6.PLN (3.0 KB)
ReservoirRun-Heli-p8-KXLL-KUKT-56PA-MerrillCreekReservoir.PLN (2.8 KB)
ReservoirRun-Seaplanes-p6-KXLL-KUKT-56PA-MerrillCreekReservoir.PLN (2.8 KB)

If you materialize on top of someone else, please quickly press your “y” key to enter slew mode, and use your - numpad 8 key to move forward,

• 2 key to move back,
  • 4 key to move left, and 6 key to move right
    Then press the “y” key again to exit slew mode.

1 Like

I’m in, I haven’t even done a group flight or flown a sea plane yet.

2 Likes

Count me in!

I have marked June 3rd on the calendar so that my wife doesn’t schedule something then.

1 Like

Count me in! Only one way we can land on the reservoirs and not get arrested. In the sim! I enjoy also getting out of the aircraft and put the camera down on the water to get that swimming effect. Especially flying in VR.

2 Likes

VR is on my “To Do” list. I play Eleven Table Tennis on Quest 2, and have heard the quest 2 can do VR with MSFS.

1 Like

It takes a bit of setup and tweaking but it’s worth it. A good graphics card is a must.

The first flight I did in VR was with an original pre-Facebook Quest and a GTX 1070. Quality not so great but I actually felt some real life like fear and panic on my first VR takeoff. The Cessna 152 felt claustrophobic and I could sense the height as I left the ground.

2 Likes

Just updated the prepared plan files for parking suggestion.

• There was no Parking 3, changed to 6
  • Verified parking start for all three and changed name to include the parking spot
1 Like

Definitely interested in joining! Love flying anything coastline and/or water related!

2 Likes

Love to have you join us for the half hour flight out of PA to a beautiful water landing spot in NJ.

For the full “flying together” effect - please join the Atlantic Coast Virtual Flying Club Discord channel and tune into the Group Flight 1 preflight brief and flight chatter:

1 Like

Thanks for the invite! I’ll see if I can figure it out to join. New to the whole multiplayer and discord environment. When your 70 its takes longer. :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m exactly there with ya :sunglasses:

1 Like

Is the A5 preferred or can we do anything with floats?

1 Like

Anything goes - seaplanes, airplanes, helos, helos with floats, (of course if not a stock plane, folks will probably see you as a generic something).

Created a Discord “event” for our group flight Saturday:

Go ahead, bring out your float-plane Cessna, or if you don’t have one, strap three big life-rafts to the gear!

P.S.
A couple of gallon milk-jugs filled with water on a windless makes a great water rudder.

Ref: The book Commodore Hornblower, where something like that was done with a barge during the Napoleonic wars.

1 Like

RESERVOIR RUN - Debrief

@Jimrh1993 kept me company at the Discord Pre-Brief but was left behind due to a maintenance issue.
@Michail71 and PATCO666 flew in for the line up, and we were off …

This is a 15 minute fly along video for all those that had other commitments to attend to Saturday:

1 Like

Thanks, I’m not able to sim for the next month but looking forward to another run. Hopefully I’ll have the Discord kinks worked out next time. :smile:

2 Likes