Resizeable bar support? Nvidia also has it as of today

FYI Resizable BAR is also available for Intel 8th & 9th gen CPUs on the Z370/Z390 platforms, if your motherboard manufacturer is generous enough to provide a BIOS update for an old product.

Luckily enough Gigabyte is one of them, and I got it working with a Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 and 9900k.

1 Like

Mines an Aorus Z390 I think. Iā€™ll have to have a look.

ASUS Strix Z390 F Gaming is ok as well :slight_smile:

Wish we could get someone from MS/Asobo to answer this. More and more of us now have resizeable bar enabled and for most of the big, modern games it increases FPS by 7-10%.

Just enabled mine - have an Asus ROG Maximus Xi Hero WiFi and finally just updated my BIOS which was my last step and itā€™s enabled!

Itā€™s good for some games but Flight Simulator isnā€™t supported.

I have a Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC and Intel I9-10900X running on AORUS Master X299X, just updated GPU and Motherboard with new BIOS to enable rBAR.

I could not beleive it, but I have some +10FPS in MSFS now, so it seems that rBAR has a massive effect on performance within Flight Simulator.

Before I had always issues with ā€œlimited by main threadā€ keeping frame rates low.
After activating rBAR this is nearly gone.

I get about 40 up to 72 FPS with Ultra Settings now in 4K resolution, before I had about 28 to 59 only

3 Likes

resizeable bar has to be enabled in the nvidia driver per each application (mfs) . just because the vbios and mb bios and the generic nvidia driver are all r-bar = yes doesnā€™t mean r-bar is activatedā€“driver for mfs has to enable r-bar for it to work.

there are ways to set the bits in the nv profile to enable mfs app to run with r-bar, do a google search on ā€˜resizeable bar nvinspector dcsā€™ and it will show the 3 ā€˜unknownā€™ config addresses tweaked to enable r-bar in mfs.

but actually no one knows for certain r-bar is working, no proof as thereā€™s no hw indicator that tell you itā€™s running, at least for now.

i tried setting the 3 config addresses for mfs and it seemed like itā€™s running smoother, but it was pretty smooth to start with so canā€™t say for sure r-bar is working or it has an impactā€¦

time will tell.

2 Likes

Hey I have a similar setup i9 11900K and Asus Tuf 3090 OC. Iā€™m certainly not complaining about poor performance. Still Iā€™d like to update the bios. Never done it before. Did you use the bios flashback feature? and for the GPU I guess I just download it and install? Any tips would be appreciated.

Hello, I have used the files directly downloaded from Gigabyte support pages, worked perfect to update the BIOS of GPU and Mainboard. I have no experience with Asus GPU cards, but should work the same way. For GPU I could use the executable provided by Figabye.
For Mainboard I did use the @BIOS Tool from Gigabyte APP Center.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.