Restore VL3 Autopilot

Why would MSFS take out the Autopilot on the VL3?
It is an option on the real plane.
Does anyone knows if it can be restored?

I made a VL-3 flight model mod that includes autopilot_available. See VL-3 flight level mod for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

1 Like

I took this way: Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0) - #1320 by ChampionFlea226

just add

[AUTOPILOT]
autopilot_available =1
flight_director_available =1

…in systems.cfg of your airpalne… no need mod for this !

If you have 915, GX3 & G3000 mods installed it’s better too :smirk:

4 Likes

Yes please. One of the best planes in the sim, at least before the update. I just want to take my hands off the yoke sometimes. It has everything needed for autopilot to function and feedback info to the pilot, just missing some of the cockpit buttons but that’s why we use keyboards. Disabling autopilot really killed my use of this plane and caught several people by surprise before a major organized community event. This was a very unwelcome update to the sim IMO.

I know it’s a small change in a cfg file, but what is the harm in leaving it?

1 Like

The change in system.cfg don’t seem to work anymore unfortunately:(

Any ideas on how to fix autopilot in the VL3?

1 Like

You can keep installing the WT Mod for G3X which does restore it, but how long that will continue to work is a dice roll. I’m personally hoping one of the two AAUs this year adds G3X to the list.

1 Like

Unfortunately the WT mod doesn’t work anymore either :disappointed:

2 Likes

Actually, it does. You need to 1. Install the WT G3X mod 0.1.0 and edit Systems.cfg to enable Autopilot and Flight Director values from 0 to 1. (See below)

\Asobo-aircraft-vl3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_VL3\systems.cfg

Bonus - I managed to get GTN750 to override the base MFD.

1 Like

I tried but when I press the AP and HDG button nothing happens… when I select the wind the button turn green, but nothing happens in the AP menu :confused:

Not sure what to tell you, I not only modded the Asobo VL-3, but I made sure all this, including the GTN750, worked using the VL-3 Rotax 915 mod on Flightsim.to.

I wonder if it’s a binding with your hardware controllers?

1 Like

Rotax mod? I user the WT mod. Is it difference?

Rotax Mod just added larger 915 engine to the VL-3. In fact, their mod already had the systems.cfg changes I noted above. So, a way you can try this is install their mod and the WT G3X mod, and AP should definitely work. All I did was mod their panel to use GTN750 but that’s not required by you.

1 Like

Thx! Working now :+1::+1::blush:

1 Like

Yes, you did! Thank you very much!

I’m wondering if or anyone figured what they did just to add the autopilot… do you have any idea about that? Thanks!

You can try asking the author(s) of the mod.