Return of the Beaver

Not just in Canada.

I did a lot of jumps out of a Turbo Beaver in OZ, it was such a beast (what’s that in the background;-).
Quite a rare plane though, didn’t see them often down under. Owner/Op Pilot was a real character, that’s him in the back in the sunglasses.

Would be great to see a Turbo Beaver in MSFS, bonus points if you could add some skydiving functions like BB did for the Porter. Give me a shout if you need help on the systems/Fm side, I’d be interested in helping (still climbing the learning curve on those, but it seems to be never ending anyway😂)

166600_493235336371_3942202_n
eo90j
eo90a
167550_493235386371_4837657_n

Best aerial taxi ever!

2 Likes

One of my favorite liveries…

1668TB-38_C-FETN_Ted_Larkin_Buttonville_22072021_565

3 Likes

Yes, it’s the FETN that I have in mind for this turbo version of the Beaver :sunglasses:

For skydiving, if the aircraft that you have in mind is the VH-AAX of Skydive Oz, it’s a A1 Turbine Beaver built from a classic beaver cell and a special turbine :

• the exhauts pipes are near the gears in order not to disturb the parachutists
  • the air intake of the front cover is just behind the propeller

A model such as this one would require a specific work or a third model which is beyond the scope of what I had set myself: sorry.

1 Like

Looks like Ottawa or Quebec City. :slight_smile:

Looks like the same Beaver I used to use, nice to know it’s still around.

I don’t much care what type of Turbo Beaver it is, as long as we have a skydiving one in MSFS🤷‍♂️
But yeah, too much work for the meatsacks I can understand if it’s a hard pass.

How’s life in Beaverland, @LagaffeVFR5476 ? Saw the exciting news that you’ve joined the Golden Age Simulations gang – congrats!

Curious if this affects plans for the Beavers. Excited to see your take on them! (And the Canso, but you posted you have a Sept. update planned there…)

4 Likes

Yes, I am working on a project of Stearman PT-17 and my planning is a little short.
So I have put all my current projects in standbye.

2 Likes

Has any progress been made on the Turbo’Beav?!

No, currently our Stearmans (PT-17, PT-13 and A75) are near to be released so this project is halted for the moment.

2 Likes

PBY status/update?

Did you read what I just wrote about the Turbo Beaver?

I just finished 5 months and a half of work on a batch of 3 Stearman for Golden Age Simulation. I was the only developer and despite out the three planes each have their engine and their flight model.
The release is today on Sim-Outhouse on sale for a week:
=> GAS Stearman SOH Community Sale

You will understand that in these conditions I could not work on my other projects in progress, freeware projects in addition: I preferred to put all my working hours and perfect my know-how to achieve a technical product, very well finished and that should delight the FS community.

The flight model for each aircraft was checked by a training pilot who still flies on Stearman today and he did not spare us so that these flight models are up to the aircraft and GAS expectations.
Thanks to follow my aircraft but a bit of patience :ok_hand:

6 Likes

This is ad libitum on forums where posts come up without at first reading previous ones. I guess there will be no end to this, as most of posters don’t have that much time, sometime posting between tasks at work, like during rest period. So, someone coming here as dev has no other choice than strengthen his own patience, I’m afraid … even if I understand this side :wink:
The point is, we all appreciate your nice work and efforts, Congrats :clap:

Thanks.
I know this kind of behavior, I managed one of the largest French forum for more than 15 years.
This problem was present in the media like Facebook but becomes the norm on all sites, it’s a pity.
Theses last year, it was no longer a forum for help but an after-sales service or a counter where people posed their problem and was nervous not to have the solution within 15 minutes :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like