Reverb G2 AMD usb connectivity issues SOLVED

With the v1 cable different computers can have different solutions. I’ve read that a lot of people find using an external or internal USB hub/board works. For me this didn’t. My computer has about 16 usb ports and the v1 cable only worked in one of them, ironically an non-powered one which it shouldn’t have done! Even then it only ever worked for 2-4 weeks before coming up with the usual WMR errors.

The best solution is of course to get the v2 cable but that depends on supply at you location but everyone is entitled to one under warranty. If you mention you have an AMD system and having the associated issues I am sure it will help. Had mine several months and no problems at all and works in any usb port.

1 Like

Didn’t work at all in the USB-C hub unfortunately.

That seems to be my experience so far. Only works in one port but when I saw works I mean my PC will recognise the headset. Still work with FS though. Just keeps cutting out to black screen. I’ll phone HP today.

For me, it worked with the USB3 hub in my monitor.

Got the new cable within two days after calling HP support (Germany).

What an ordeal this morning getting a replacement cable out of HP. Took half an hour of being passed around various call centres. I eventually spoke to someone who vaguely knew what the situation was with the new cable but even then she gave me an email address I had to send photo proof of my invoice for the headset and a photo of the cable provided. When I came off the phone I wasn’t even convinced she knew exactly what I meant.

I did get an email this afternoon from HP saying a new replacement cable is in the post. I just hope its the new version of the cable which arrives.

Not a great customer experience but hopefully I’ll get things working.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.