Reverb G2 and WMR YouTube VR video question

This may seem off topic and it sort of is and isn’t. Like others here, I’m having CTD issues on MSFS with the the Reverb G2 headset, coupled with a Radeon 6800XT GPU.

Now I have also discovered that using Microsoft Edge and WMR I can’t get YouTube VR videos to work. I can see the headset icon to go into VR mode on the YouTube options under the video, and when I click on that WMR starts up and the headset goes from the Cliff House into…a black screen with 4 revolving white balls. I get sound, but no picture.

Are other G2 users able to play YouTube VR video and with what GPUs? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

I have a 1660ti nVidia card lying around and I may try that to see if it’s yet another problem with AMD cards and/or their crummy drivers. I’m seriously considering selling this lousy card and getting a 1080ti when they come out, except of course they will be made of unobtainium.

1 Like

Hi, I have exactly the same issue. I9 9900 + 2080 Super.
It would help if you also post your issue here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/msedge_video-msedge_win10/unable-to-play-youtube-vr-videos-using-edge-and/fcea1a37-cf90-487d-a98e-4d92fdc8f4c6

1 Like

ditto - no go on the YT video’s!

Edge works for me. Try it in this order: Open just WMR and go into your Cliff House. You should have an Edge window hanging on a wall somewhere. If you don’t, hit the Windows button on your controller, and then select Edge on that window. Then you can hang that Edge window on a wall, or resize it bigger. You can type in the youtube.com address with your controller. Then in youtube, you should be able to search for 360 & 3D VR videos, they all should play. I tried a VR player off steam, did not work at all, but so far Edge has worked perfectly on all VR video sites I have tried.

I did all that first off. No show, same with using Chrome or Firefox. I can get one Steam VR player to work, but only on downloaded YT videos, not streaming.

Microsoft’s suggestions on the support page haven’t worked either. I just gave up.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.