Reverb G2 Factory Projection Calibration Override?

Got my G2 mainly for flying and racing sims, but due to a cross-eyed feeling and eye strain when looking at anything in VR space far away, it’s only been usable in a few games.

Found out that DCS has a “WMR Debug Tool” available which displays the “projection” calibration data from the headset, each eye having a cal number for the top, bottom, out/in (left/right) sides of each display. Lets you adjust these to override the stored values, just for use in DCS. Makes each side move closer/away from center of the display.

This tool confirmed for me that my eye problem with the G2 was not my 60 year old eyes, but that the calibration is making my eyes need to point outward “Marty Feldman style” when looking at the horizon, which the tool let me tweak for the in/out numbers of each eye. Now I can fly for hours in DCS with absolutely no eyestrain. Close up objects were never a problem as your eyes are still converging inward.

Now I have seen posted that there are secret registry values that can be added to allow adjusting the color convergence of the displays - I wonder if there are keys that could be added to override and adjust the top/bottom/in/out “projection” cal numbers, fixing all sims and games???

3 Likes

Hi, same problem for me but as a noob probably I’m not able to use the tool, can You share me what exactly You do to recalibrate? How You use the tool? It will be very appreciated.
Thx, bye.

1 Like

DCS is off-topic for this forum, so I’ll be brief, but just go to the DCS forum and look at the Input and Output/Virtual Reality section - the first pinned topic is on how to use the WMR Debug Tool. What you don’t want to do is just hit the swap buttons to swap values. When you have the Debug Tool window up at the DCS menu, don’t adjust there, launch any aircraft into any map, so you can see the horizon. Then adjust the sliders while looking at the horizon real-time to see if you can merge the two images better for less eyestrain.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.