Reverb G2 - How do you connect it?

Hey all,

As per title… how do you connect the G2 (version 2)? Do you go directly with the Micro USB, or do you use the adapter and a normal USB port?

I get mixed feelings here. Sometimes the Micro USB is OK, other times it’s ■■■■, and I have to switch to the adapter. Other times… is the other way around.

Generally speaking, I have the impression that a part of the “always changing” performance we get from FS2020 is due to the connection of the headset itself.

Maybe try what did the trick for me? Rift S to Reverb G2 upgrade and THE setting that made it work

I’m using straight USB-C, no adapter

1 Like

The usb c should go into the graphic card usb c port. If you are plugging it into a normal usb port it must be a blue usb port.

1 Like

So… my graphic card has no USB-C port. I’m attaching a pic of my MB connectors.

1. Adapter+blue USB port?
  2. USB-C 20G?
  3. USB-C 5G?

(Actually the video says NOT to use the graphic card USB-C port)

Which one? :slight_smile:

you will plug both cables into these ports

1 Like

This is the MB, I guess the DP cable should go to the video card :slight_smile: OK, so it’s cleared up. Thanks.

The G2 cabling does not include a micro-USB connector. It has a USB-C connector. Though an USB-C adapter in included don’t use it for you don’t need it. The G2 cable with this USB-C connector should be plugged into one your mobo’s USB-C ports, the one that’s circled should work fine. That’s what I did for my G2 and it works great. As you noted, don’t use the mobo’s DisplayPort for the G2 (crud, people do get careless with the info they post).

2 Likes

A few months back I tried a Reverb using a USB-C to USB-A adapter as my then PC did not have a C port. Apart from the adapter supplied, I tried three other adapters. I could not get the Reverb to run consistently with any of them, despite trying every USB-A port on the PC. I eventually changed PC and got one with a C port. The reverb works perfectly now, even on high to ultra settings.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.