Reverb G2 not powering on

Hello -

I am experiencing issues all of a sudden with my G2.

I have not removed a wire but it is no longer powering on. I then unplugged and RE plugged everything and still nothing.

I have an Alienware R10 AMD with a 3090gpu. I am aware of an issue with AMD motherboards and the G2 where the usb wouldn’t power the headset on, but I have been using the successful workaround of plugging the headset into a usb hub and then into the computer.

I have not had many problems aside from the occasional black screens in the sim.

Lack of power? This is new and I have no idea what’s behind this issue. WMR says Connect your headset.

Your help is appreciated.

I had a bad cable and HP replaced it, it’d black out once in a while. Does it work at all in WMR? Have you updated the firmware for it?

HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Tried a different power strip and that did the trick. Don’t know what happened, but I’m back now. Thanks.

Hi,
I have been doing a bunch of research on the Alienware R10/AMD/ Reverb 2 issue you mentioned. I keep seeing conflicting information.

I am running an R10 with a 2080S and 3800X.

Stupid question I know, but I saw a post saying one of the back USB ports will work for headset as it is the correct type. Did you try all of the USB ports?

I also saw something about needing a USB card ones you can find on amazon:

PCIE to USB 3.1 Gen2 10Gbps Expansion Card for Windows 7,8,8.1,10,Server (32/64) and MAC OS 10.9,10.10,10.12,10.13,10.14,10.15 PCs-with Smart Power Control Technology-1X USB-C and 1XUSB-A (PCE-U31AC)

Was simply running a USB hub off one of your USB slots the solution? Did it have to be a specific hub? I have a cheap one but not sure it would work.

Contact HP and tell them you have an AMD system, they will send you the new cable from the Omnicept that is now included recently apparently with the new purchases of the standard G2. I’ve been looking at my first VR purchase and saw a few videos talking about that. The cable is free you just have to contact them about it.

and you get to keep the old one too

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.