Reverb G2 users: which USB-C/DisplayPort adaptercable?

Hi all,

I bought a Reverb G2 about a month ago (primarily for use with MSFS), and have experienced frequent crashes while using it, not only in MSFS, but also in other (SteamVR) games. Games will run fine while not in VR.
My system is a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 16ACH6H (specs).

So, obviously the laptop doesn’t have a DisplayPort, but it does have a DP1.4 compatible USB C port. I bought an adapter cable from Amazon, which supports DP1.4 and 8k@60Hz, but I found out yesterday that it doesn’t support the Reverb G2 (no idea why, see the second picture on the Amazon site).

I’m guessing the crashes in VR are due to the cable not supporting the headset.
So, I was wondering, does anyone have an advice what would be a USB-C/DP adapter which DOES support the Reverb G2?

Thx,

Jeroen

@jeroenbu
With some guidance from others here, I got this Startech CDP2DP14UCB to work on my Gigabyte Aorus 7KB laptop (Intel I7, Nvidia RTX2060) DP1.4 USB-C port with the reverb G2 but only with the G2 set to 60Hz.
StarTech.com USB-C to DisplayPort 1.4 Adapter, 8K 60Hz /4K 120Hz, TB3 Compatible, 60W PD Pass-Through, HBR3

A similar spec’ Startech adapter without the USB-C charging pass through would not work though but others here have used it I believe. It does seem like trial and error for different systems. Note also the advertised spec’ was 8K 60Hz but the label on mine says 8K 30Hz. I never got a satisfactory explanation of this from the vendor.

Late, but better than nothing :slight_smile:
The following adapter working fine with my Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 17ACH6H:
(Amazon) CableCreation USB C DisplayPort Adapter 4K@60Hz, Thunderbolt 3 auf DisplayPort Konverter…
Get 90Hz on my G2. Works perfect without restrictions.

Ron

In the end, I managed to diagnose the problem; it wasn’t the adapter cable. It turned out I had some faulty VRAM… a problem that only manifested itself when the GPU was needing a lot of memory, i.e. MSFS in VR :smiley:

So, in the meantime the laptop has been fixed, and VR is working like a charm!

Thanks for the suggestions!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.