Reverb G2 with 6800XT Crashing

I just handed over the GTX 1080 TI. Already I am very pleasantly surprised by the image quality, with the default settings in MSFS 80% and 100% in OpenXR. I have already done a 20 or 30 minute flight with the Spitfire. But since it doesn’t have a long range, I just launched a flight with the A320 from LFBO to KJFK. If it does not crash after 8 hours of flight, we will be, unless it is a big coincidence, that the problem does not come from AMD motherboards and X570s, but from AMD series 5000 and 6000 GPUs. covered all the subjects on this problem and even if they are rarer, there are also Intel.

I just found our A320 landed in the middle of the ocean with the engines off for lack of fuel, but MSFS did not crash after 5 hours. I just relaunched a flight with 100% kerosene, but we can clearly see that there is a difference between a game that crashes in VR after 15 30 minutes or even 5 minutes with an RX 6800 XT and 4 hours without crashing with a small GTX 1080 TI.

Our A320 continued its flight and after more than 6 hours flight everything was working perfectly, until I wanted to get out of the plane. There MSFS froze, but there was no crash on the desktop. I had to force it to close with Ctrl Alt Del

After I have a x570 board, a fix (Agesa 1.2.0.2) is supposed to come in April/May. Whether this will also fix the PCI 4.0 in combination with the 6800XT is questionable. As you describe it, it is indeed only problematic with AMD combination, whereas with the 1080 or Nividea it seems to work.

New of the day:
Microsoft Flight Simulator was on the homepage in PC screen mode in the background, while I was watching a tutorial video on Youtube on one of the planes, when I got AMD message that the pilot had taken too long.

Already it doesn’t stop crashing when I play in VR with the HP Reverb G2, if now it crashes even when I’m not playing, I’ll end up thinking that the RX 6800 XT and all RX 6000 series, without forget 5000 series have a very serious problem, either hardware or software. I hope they will resolve it quickly.

They talk about a problem with the X570, but people on Intel platform have exactly the same problem, with the 5000 and 6000 GPUs.

After this crash, while MSFS was just open on the homepage, I tried to do a VR flight with the RX 6800 XT and the HP Reverb G2 leaving the default settings except the scaling of the made that I went from 80% to 100% still 100% in OpenXR.
I was able to do a one hour flight without a crash. Then I removed the helmet covered by a piece of fabric so that it remains closed and does not go to sleep. After 3 hours, it still hadn’t crashed.

The question I ask myself is to know, if we have to put the same settings with an RX 6800 XT at nearly 1000 € as the settings that work with a GTX 1080 TI which was released there now. Four years…

As I have just said on this subject, the CTD crashes, come from VCRUNTIME140.dll

Problem solved in my case (For the time being…)

6800XT here, CTD on launch of any flight regardless of aircraft or location. Don’t really know what to do any more. I can’t run the sim at all.

After getting frustrated with the constant crashing, I happened to chech the Nvidia site at the eact right moment 3090 FE’s were in stock. Just tested it out in VR for the first time. Flew for 2 hours with multiple airports and increasing/decreasing sim rate and had no crashes. The longest I’d had without a crash on the 6800XT was about an hour, and usually every 20-30 mins but sometimes just minutes after takeoff.

There was one moment where it had the same symptoms as when it crashed on the 6800 where the motion paused and audio stopped momentarily but it recovered and kept going without issues.

Will do some more flying this weekend but initial indications look good.

It is still an expensive solution, even if the RTX 3090 FE has a floor price, the price remains high. ESPECIALLY when we know that both AMD and Nvidia are only releasing RTX 3090 or RX 6900 XT on purpose to take advantage of the shortage. For this sound problem, it is part of a very long list of possible causes of CTDs.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.