Reverse thrust FAIL - We overshoot runway at 10000ft elevation - PMDG 737-600 - What went wrong?!

Reverse thrust FAIL - We overshoot runway at 10000ft elevation - PMDG 737-600 - What went wrong?!

The runway might be too short for a 737 to land or takeoff there (may depend on the takeoff and landing weight)

As an example, here’s some information from Boeing that covers later versions of the 737.

These are not exact figures for the -600, but demonstrate the basic issue.
Take a look at the landing charts starting about pg 3-59. Note the minimum landing distances are shown meters. Your runway is about 640 meters, while none of the landing charts even comes close to being as low as 1000m (even with minimum landing weight, and lowest pressure altitude).
Additionally, while your IAS on landing should be the same as what you’d see at sea level, your TAS on landing would be quite a bit higher than the TAS when landing at sea level, so you’re coming in a lot hotter and that also significantly impacts landing distance.
Accident report reads, insufficient pre-mission planning resulting in a predictable and avoidable crash.
Regards

1 Like

Thanks but actually I was only interested in what went wrong with the REVERSE THRUST. Landed on plenty of 2000ft runways with the 737-600 no passengers/low fuel. I’m looking for an accurate table that can compare rv at sea level with 5000/8000/10000 (max rated elevation).
I practice emergency descents and diversion/alternate airstrips so being able to find the actual minimum runway length for each altitude interests me!
It’s also a good way to test the accuracy of the devs aircraft!