[REVIEW] Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport (LIME) by Tailstrike/Aerosoft - One of the Best 😍

Here’s my review of Bergamo Orio al Serio International Airport by Tailstrike Designs, published by Aerosoft.

This airport is literally 15 miles from my home, so I know it very well, and I’m delighted to see that Tailstrike did it justice. I was a bit worried because it went through some rather massive renovation recently (they literally doubled the terminal), but the rendition is precise and up to date, with great modeling, texturing, really fantastic use of PBR, and tons of attention to details.

The only sizable issue is the fact that the airport has a fully separate secondary runway used basically only by the small GA aeroclub. Of course, the sim’s default ATC loves it and has it as active all the time, ignoring the main runway. While you can always ignore the ATC, AI aircraft won’t, so you’ll have AI regularly trying to land on the tiny strip and then disappear, and disappear on take off because (accurately) there’s no connection between the parking aprons/gates and the tiny strip. Unfortunately, it appears that the dev can’t do anything about it at the moment (personally, I’d have just spun the secondary runway off into its own sub-airport). Also, lack of cargo-labeled parking in an airport fairly active for freighter flights. Yes, those are nitpicks, which should give you the idea of how good this is😁, but with AI solutions coming, it may become relevant for some.

As usual, you can make your own opinion with the video content in addition to my written commentary :smiley:

2 Likes