[Review] Drzewiecki Design's Tokyo Narita Airport

My latest video review is of Drzewiecki Design’s new Tokyo Narita scenery. Let me know your thoughts on the airport (if you’ve bought it) and on the video. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very nice and complete review.

1 Like

Nice coverage…
Nice explanation…
Beautiful climate changes
Thank you … amazing video production :+1:

1 Like

Narita airport is just as out of service as Sheremetyevo by Drzewiecki Design on Xbox series x. As soon as the game loads, a crash occurs after a few seconds (

2 Likes

Same for Xbox Series X.
It crashes while the engine is starting, so it cannot be taxied or taken off.
Of course, you can’t land or fly over the airport.
I’m sad because it’s my favorite airport.

I was able to take off and fly over the airport. On XBox in a flight design ctsl. So I doesn’t seem to be a global Xbox problem, but one on Xbox in combination with something else. What planes were you all trying to use? I was also able to take off and fly over UUEE

Please note. I know you have issues. I’m just trying to help isolate what the issue may be.

thank you.
I tested it.

To make all the conditions the same

1. Start MSFS (Xbox Series X).
  2. MULTIPLAYER (OFF). AIR TRAFFIC (OFF). WEATHER (CLEAR SKIES).
  3. Start the engine from RJAA GATE 43.
  4. Take off from RWY22L (ATC instructions).

Airbus A320neo
Crash before starting the engine.

Flight Design CTSL
Crash while flying over the airport after takeoff.

Textron Aviation Cessna 152
Crash during takeoff.

Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G1000)
Crash during taxiing.

If the start position of the free flight was set to the runway (RWY22L), it was possible to take off.
The Airbus A320neo crashed while flying over the airport after takeoff.

I don’t understand English, so I use the translation function.
I’m sorry if my English is wrong.

I bought the XBOX version. Crash before takeoff. The MFD screen goes black and does not respond . ​All assists revert to easy settings. The aircraft used is an Airbus 320neo. It’s still not working very well.
Narita Airport is one of the airports I was looking forward to, so I was very disappointed

same exact problem here seems like all the Drzewiecki Design products on xbox are crashing the sim. I have Moscow airport and landmarks, Narita , and Chicago landmarks and I am having the same issues at all those places. I reached out to Drzewiecki Design webpage Forum and the admin just told me its working on their side and its the Asobo/ msfs side that needs to be addressed. they said they don’t even test the products before they release to xbox market place so Idk what’s going on here since sim update 7??

Well, trying to help diagnose, I am able to take off from Narita and UUEE fine, but trying to take off from most Chicago airports, I do crash. (I also have Chicago Landmarks). I do have KORD from FSDreamteam and have uninstalled the Asobo Deluxe version of KORD, but to rule out it was the airport, I tried taking off from KMDW Chicago Midway Intl which met with a crash. KPWK Chicago Executive I was able to take off from, and fly over Chicago which is the updated scenery from Drzewiecki.

As a note, I was able to take off from KORD prior to SU7 because I know I tested night lighting after SU6. Chicago was one of the cities that I was completely in the dark with prior to SU6 (night lighting was broken with a hotfix).

As a side note, this weekend I took off from KDCA and flew around Washington Landmarks. I flew over Seattle Landmarks fine today. I will try flying out of EPKK after work.

So I hope all this data helps diagnose what is going on.

1 Like

Do these products work on the PC? I bought their Moscow Landmarks and the Krakow airport. Krakow airport seems to work fine, but haven’t tried Moscow. Wanted to grab Moscow Airport and Narita with the sale, but am spooked with the CTD reports. I fly to NRT all the time. Moscow every now and them.

The reports are all on XBox. We are experiencing some issues of products that work perfectly fine on the PC not working quite right on the XBox. The most infamous of those is the DC-6. Microsoft has determined that they work on the XBox test lab XBoxes, but don’t on retail XBoxes. The only difference there being that retail XBoxes aren’t on the Microsoft network, so there may be something in the code or API that for XBox does not resolve if the XBox is not on the Microsoft network.

So I know that was a long explanation, but at least it should ease your concerns. You should be perfectly fine on PC, and these products worked pre-SU7 for me fine. It’s not an issue with the addon.

2 Likes

Thanks. I bought the Moscow Sheremetyevo airport, which was nice. However, I’m a bit disappointed with the Moscow Landmarks. I’m sure they’re great, but with snow turned on (which is how you want to fly around Moscow in the winter), all the buildings are whitewashed, where they look like low quality FS4 level white blocks of blobs (until you are REALLY close to the buildings) such that it significantly degrades the flying experience vs. default when snow depth is selected. However, when flying in Moscow in the winter you want to enable snow depth until MS properly implements seasons. Even then you’d still want snow in Moscow winter. @DrzewieckiD really needs to be made aware of this to fix this on what would otherwise be another great product.

Regarding Tokyo Narita, decided to pass on that Payware given the whitewashing impact on Moscow Landmarks, and found that MSFS included a handcrafted Haneda in Tokyo, so will just fly there vs. NRT.

Hi.

Have you or your team fed this back directly to Microsoft/Asobo and followed up with them until they have acknowledge the issue? Would be good to know about this before spending $$ on Payware that I cannot use. Possibly good to reach out and collaborate with other third parties developers that do not have this issue, if there are settings to tweak (Asobo buildings do not have that issue), and if they do have the issue, can help escalate/expedite.

Your sceneries look good, but happen to be in locations where many MSFS users would frequently want to see snow.

Hi. There isn’t a problem with snow display in any of our products - it lies with material rendering too bright during winter, that’s all. This is not a priority for Asobo as this is not a critical error - we believe the current priorities for them are CTDs and freezes in the Xbox version.

Yes, most devs are in touch with Asobo via the developer forum.

In the future, we would appreciate it if you contact us via our customer support forum which we read all the time. We do not come to this forum too often.

I have their Krakow and Lubin airports and have not experienced any crashes personally, I’m using an Xbox Series S.

ok thanks that’s good to know. Moscow Airport however has some major issues CTDs, stutters, no jetways, static airplanes look very strange. xbox series x

1 Like

I solved my crash with Chicago, and I wouldn’t have suspected this would be the cause. The recent updates of world updates ended up reinstalling everything, including the airports I had removed due to conflicts. I had to remove BIS, EDDS, EKRN, KDFW, and LOWK as I have payware of those. After doing that, I was able to take off from KORD no problem. It isn’t intuitive that a conflict with some other airports could cause a crash at one no where near, but my crashes were consistent and repeatable before, and now I could fly fine.

Do you need to delete the msfs airport from the world update Japan?