[REVIEW] Rutan Model 202 Boomerang - Technotech [FREEWARE]

Where do I start, this mod is absolutely fantastic for your next Freeware add-on!

Sure, I may be a little biased because I grew up as a developer with Technotech back in the day and watched his livestreams as he hand-molded this aircraft from ground up!

But man, this thing is fun. Unique views, tandem fuselage, a challenging yet fun flight model (modified DA62 for now, until Asobo adds tandem support), HTML gauges and multiple displays… so simple yet elegant.

There are improvements to be made for sure, needs a working radio stack, transponder stack, and a couple other minor things. These minor issues don’t affect the fun value at all. It’s in such an early state, SU-5 compatible, and easily has the potential to be a frequent flyer of mine.

For version 0.8, I’ve already flown it way too much! :rofl: I can’t wait to see where this project and developer go, this aircraft is a great addition to anyone’s hanger! You can find the download on flightsim.to, there is also a link in here: [LIST] All Payware & Freeware Aircraft (8-9-21) - Third Party Addon Discussion / Aircraft - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

11 Likes

This is one of the most exciting plane on MSFS so far! I saw OP is already helping the creator fixing the bugs which is very generous. Hope we can make it even better. Salute to you and Technotech!

3 Likes

I too took it for short spin and enjoyed it. Looking forward also to further updates to it.

Does this Rutan have a working autopilot?

get rid of the second engine and boom you would have the lancair evolution.

1 Like

Hi, so far I have been modelling the cockpit from its appearance at EAA Airventure Oshkosh in 2011. In the past few years, they’ve changed the cockpit around, and one newer feature is autopilot. Autopilot is a planned feature, so for the time being, no autopilot… yet.

1 Like

Quick question… I use the Nxi by WT. The display seems awfully dark. Is that because it’s currently not supported? When I adjust the avionics brightness, it flickers quickly to bright but becomes really dark again. Is this something you are planning to incorporate?

According to changelog, the latest version v0.86 fixed the pfd brightness and engine power issue.

2 Likes

Yup, quick little hotfix there, brightness should now be fixed. Changed the engines slightly, still working on it!

2 Likes

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

This one is now officially a keeper. :wink: Thank you for your work!

1 Like

Glad you’re liking it!

1 Like