[REVIEW] Singapore City Pack by ORBX

Here’s my review of Orbx’ Singapore City Pack that was released a few days ago. Including videos showing the approach to Changi and a full flyover.

Hope ya’ll like it and it helps if anyone is on the fence :smiley:

3 Likes

Those most recent landmark packs, that are coming first to MSFS, look much better than those converted from old sims (London and Sidney). The night lighting is much better, no yellow/orange skyscrapers all around, looks more natural I’d say.

The houses and small buildings of the converted packages are less detailed, square boxes with low-res textures over them. Not like the default buildings, way more detailed and varied. Those “new” packages also improved here.

Hope they update those packages using those new techniques. Singapore, Paris and (I think) Melbourne look much better.

1 Like

Indeed. Bespoke models for MSFS definitely show improvement. I also really appreciate that devs like Orbx add new techniques basically with every new release. It shows that they aren’t resting on their laurels.

2 Likes

That’s a fair review.

Blimey, first time I’ve agreed with anything you’ve said!

1 Like

how is this compared to cloudsurfasia

They’re both good in their own ways, which makes me wish they made a patch to make them compatible.

Cloudsuf Asia’s has greater coverage, and I have a feeling it’ll be updated more often since they are from Singapore. Orbx’s has better main buildings. Honestly, the fact that you can’t use them together is a pity.

How about changi airport does the pack also rework it as well?

If not any good recommendation for changi airport thanks.

Changi remains untouched, but Cloudsurf do a decent, very reasonably-priced rendition of it.

Alright cool thx.

But the changi airport by cloudsurf shouldnt have any conflict with this singapore city pack right ?

By any chance when does the marketplace do mass sales like steam?

No, shouldn’t be any conflict between the two. As you may have read above, Cloudsurf also offer their own city pack (which obviously guarantees no conflict) but the Orbx version is generally considered better. Cloudsurf’s buildings look a bit ‘cartoon-like’, although they have covered Sentosa Island (which Orbx did not).

Hmm ok thx for the info.

I might consider getting both packs from cloudsurf given that cloudsurf covered more area.

Cloudsurf’s city covers a greater area but the Orbx version looks so much nicer. Orbx goes on sale more frequently, too (normally at a better price). Your call…

1 Like