Reviews of Fly Away A330 Mega Pack?

I just received an email about the A330-900 Mega Pack. I’m not clear–does one have to download the FBW A320 first or is it included in the Mega Pack? Any reviews about this addon?

I tried to google Fly Aways A330 Mega Pack but I couldn’t find any relevant information about this.

What kind of email are you getting and which one you’re referring to?

The only A330-900 addons I know are the Headwind aircraft addon, and the individual liveries posted on flightsim.to website.

UPDATE: I just found it that you’re referring to this. It’s basically a mirror of the same thing I mentioned above. I’ve been using this aircraft that I got from flightsim.to for a few weeks now, and I quite like it. It’s still a bit too difficult to taxi but too prone to winds like a kite. But it’s generally flyable and it looks and works much better than the PMP A330-300 version.

You don’t need to download the FBW A320 as while it’s using the FBW A320 systems, it’s actually independent and you can install it without the FBW A320.

I got mine from here. Which I think it’s updated much more often than in Fly Away website.

1 Like

Interested to hear about this…

Thanks Neo316. Very helpful. I will check it out.

I also use it via the flightsim.to website.

It flies nicely, I was quite surprised that this is freeware. The texture modelling is well done as well.

Can you tell if they fixed the fuel gauges already? I haven’t load it up for quite a while. Lazy asking here, I know. :innocent:

The was a problem with the fuel gauges?

I too am pleased with this Airbus 330-900 a/c. Modeling is very well done. It seems to have pretty much the stock A320 cockpit with FBW A320 engine sounds. For anyone wanting a new airliner that works well but isn’t ‘study level’ give it a try. Freeware at Flightsim.to

I suppose that answers it. Great! :slight_smile:

I am ashamed to admit I haven’t paid a lot of attention to the fuel gauges. I’ve been using the built-in flight plan process and it (the dispatcher if you will) determines needed fuel and the a/c is prepared that way. I will try to remember to check them out and report back.

1 Like

I also just keep my fuel at default, and adjust according to the range ring on the world map. I just use the default 50% as a base, and add more if I need more range or use less fuel if I’m doing a short flight.

That’s why I’m not sure what fuel gauge problem you were referring to. Maybe it’s still there, but I use it differently than you do, so I never realise there is/was a fuel gauge problem.

Caution setting the flaps–in my system the flaps don’t extend exactly like the A320. There seems to be an extra step to get the first notch of flaps in place. During a takeoff suddenly warning bells clanging red lights flashing—almost gave me the vapors. Next time I paid close attention to the flap indicator prior to takeoff.

That’s why on take off my flaps are on on Conf 2