Revival of vintage airline traffic

Hello,

I have a dream of a revival of famous vintage airlines like Pan Am, Northwest Airlines or Eastern Airlines for example.
My idea is to have a tool, that generates ai traffic using old flightplans and the already existing freeware (ai) liveries of such airliners like it was already done in FS2004 for example by projectai.

Probably this ai traffic in future could be conflict free merged into the traffic of other traffic tools (for example FSLTL).

How about this idea?
Or does anybody already know some tools, that are usable to realize this idea?

More examples for such airlines:
America West
Air Berlin
BOAC
Continental Airlines
TWA
US Airways
Piedmont

For some airlines, that have been merged there could be a hack possible: Using the vintage airlines ai livery and change the aircraft.cfg such that it states, it would be the airline, that took over the vintage airline. So the traffic would display the old liveries instead…

You mean something like http://www.calclassic.com/ ? That would be cool. I don’t see that to happend in MSFS. Just too much work for that to be done and not enough users for it.

Not only but too.
So I have experienced a lot of that airlines, that have vanished by beeing merged into some bigger airlines, especially in the US and I loved this bigger variety of airline players in the 70s and 80s.

So the task especially for the liveries is not so big because that liveries already exists in the common freeware download platforms.

Should be relatively easy to do IF the AI models for the classics (and the repaints) existed.
In FSLTL or AIG you could configure the classic model such that tge matching believes the classic is a 737-XXX or an A3XX etc. That should work ok for jets. Harder with props as the live traffic would have them flying much faster that they would in reality.

Good advice,
thanks!

The red wings 1935 scenery changes some of the AI traffic and ground equipment to 1940s era.

We have a VA/vintage flying community built around it

1 Like