REX AccuSeason Advanced Edition: New Version Released Today!

Hi Joe. Not sure what you mean. Can you give more information? Thanks.

Currently when you fly in New Zealand in the vicinity of Mt. Cook you have unreal snow coverage.
In the winter even Milford sound is frozen over.
In the summer you have snow in the area down to 1000ft AMSL

Does this happen with AccuSeason as well?

Not only that, butā€¦ in the most recent version, it became less transparent about which Enhancecments are installed. In the previous edition, if an enhancement was installed, the only option you had was to remove. If it wasnā€™t installed? Install! Simple, right? In this one, they have BOTH Install and Remove! At the same time as if it has no idea whatā€™s actually active. :wink: Itā€™s definitely a headscratcher.

3 Likes

Hi Joe and thanks for the clarification. AccuSeason does not change any of the ground images that are sourced by Microsoft/Bing so this would not affect your scenario. Thanks for the question.

1 Like

Hi Ank. If I remember correctly , I think you might have asked that question in Discord and Reed stated that this is something he has on his backlog to look into. Not sure when that will happen, but it would be a good feature to have if it is possible to do. Thanks.

Updating from a Simmarket license: OK perfect

I LOVE THE ā€œResilient Coloringā€ OPTION. Finally I no longer have trees of all colors in areas of washed out textures. Just awesome.

The terrain textures are subtle. To be seen during the updates.

The extra thing: ā€œthe Weather setsā€. Some are really Wahoo

THANK YOU for this update :white_heart:

2 Likes

So you prefer to have green spring trees over brown autumn ground textures?

1 Like

The 2 do not seem incompatible if the terrain option is light for the fall. Some tests near EGVZ (Scotland) where yellowish textures created yellow trees in summer. There it is settled, the trees are green, coherent.

To see in autumn in a few weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here. Reached out to ORBX and they have been zero help.

1 Like

I simply cannot update this. Tried 5 times. Bought through ORBX Central

Is this a stand alone program or is it supposed to integrate with current version??? Im totally lost.

PS - itā€™s not asking for any serial numbers. So why would I require that?

Here is what workedā€¦ go uninstall the new version. Everything including Documents/Rex7 folder. Reinstall old version via Central. Once you launch it, it will ask to download new version. Install that, then when it asks for licensing, donā€™t use the left pane, use the right one. For Serial #, I used the serial number from Rex Axis site (My Products)ā€¦ for Order #, I typed Unknown. For shop, itā€™s Orbx. That works. No further questions about licenses.

Itā€™s a convoluted process and should have really been better thought out.

1 Like

So is it okay to uninstall the past version Rex Accuseason after Rex Accuseason Advanced has been installed and configured?

Canā€™t get into my Rex axis site!! Keep getting protracted error. I tried to reset passwordā€¦ getting same error. Trying to log into server 8 ā€¦ failed. Then a very long errir in red print

ORBX needs to do something here. Bought through them. They need to update it properly like all their other products.

I tried this 7 times now. Every one failed

Hi all. I just got a message from Reed, who is most knowledgeable about the app registration, installation, etc. and he is working very diligently on cleaning up all of the support tickets. He recommended that the best thing to do if you are having issues is to contact REX support at:
https://rexaxis.com

Thank you.

This isnā€™t on Orbx. This is up to Rex to provide them with the product. At the end of the day, they are working on it and Orbx will eventually be updated to get rid of the old app and install the new one like normal.

1 Like

Aerosoft bought version works.

You need the old version installed, on start it will ask for downloading the new one. Restore the settings and uninstall the old version. Go to the above mentioned REX6 folder if you need your license key, mine was also accessible on the Aerosoft page.

Install new version, use right side for registration. As order ID i used my Rechnungsnummer from the Aerosoft invoice, but I guess the invoice of orbx should also have some id.

Done.

Should also work with orbx central.

Correct, but that was over a year ago asked for the last version of REX Accuseason (and several times for your FSX and then P3D products). Never implemented, like you are purposely not trying to achieve this (sorry if this sounds sillyā€¦). I am no programmer, but with my limited understanding how software works, it should be absolutely trivial to implement e.g. a checkmark showing which preset you have installed last within the GUI of Accuseason (or any other REX software).

I see simply no single reason why this is not implemented yet, or how the heck do you know two, three weeks later which preset you installed? Especially when some of them are really close to each other by the looks in the sim?

2 Likes

So no update yet for those of us who have bought through Just Flight, am I understanding this correctly?

Yeah, it looks like the version from ORBX isnā€™t updated yet. So when it prompted me to download the new version. Once itā€™s installed I canā€™t login because I donā€™t have REX account because I bought my copy from ORBX, and I donā€™t think the licensing API is working yet with the new product.

Looks like Iā€™ll just have to wait until the ORBX version is updated and can install it from there again.

1 Like

Yep, same behaviorā€¦