REX AccuSeason and no changes in the sim

Hi!

I have MSFS installed on a (D:) drive (M.2 SSD) and i have installed REX AccuSeason on the (C:) drive (M.2 SSD) witch is recommended by REX, but when i install the selected season preset nothing changes in the sim. I have selected Windows Store Edition in the AccuSeason settings tab and i have also tried Custom Community Folder Location on my (D:) drive where my sim is installed, and on my (C:) drive because i got an Community Folder there as well (C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Packages\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\LocalCache\Packages\Community. I don’t have any antivirus software and i have disabled Win10 Virus Protection, Firewall and User Account Control is set to never notify before installing the product, but it still doesn’t work for me. Can anybody help me on this? I’m one week into MSFS so this is new for me. Many thanks and have a nice day everyone!

You can install REX software wherever you want as well as your game launcher (the MSFS exe file). But what matters is where the app downloads the updated season files. That has to be the Community folder that exists at the location where you have also your Official content folder (Asobo content and the rest of official addons). Select a custom community folder in REX and point to that Comminity folder.

There must be only one Community folder at one single location. Inside it you can have symlinks pointing to other locations where the files are physically stored, but Community folder must be unique. To know whick location game is using open your UserCfg.opt file and look at the end of it. The path that appears there is what game is using and that Comminity folder inside that path is what REX shall be configured to use as well.

You can find that file under:

\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Cheers

I’ve used the UserCfg.opt file now and pointed AccuSeason to that Community folder but still no changes in the sim. Hmm… something must be wrong here.

I have the same problem with Bijan Seasons. I thought it was me that wasn’t seeing any changes
and I removed it.

You have to set the entire path, like this:

You should have a Communty folder inside your MSFS root folder on your D drive.
You should not have one on your C drive as well if you really have installed the content to your D drive.

Well, there’s clearly something wrong here then because I have a community folder on my C drive too, even though I pointed my MSFS install to my D drive. Maybe I have to do a complete reinstall then…

Are you sure that you don’t in fact have two installations of MSFS?
With a little carelessness, during an update, is it possible to have the
entire simulator installed again, to the default location, despite the presence of
a full installation at a bespoke location.
What does the last line of your Usercfg.opt file read?

The Usercfg.opt file says: InstalledPackagesPath “C:\Users\S.S\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages”

I only have MSFS installed on my D drive! D drive has 245GB used space and C drive has only 59.7GB.
But the wierd part is that my community folder on my C drive is 94.4GB while C drive is only showing 59.7GB used of 1TB. My second community folder on my D drive has the same size too 94.4GB. I’m so confused by this…!

Try editing the Usercfg.opt file last line to the complete path of your simulator root folder.
Please note, not to the Community folder though.
Probably, the Community folder on your C drive is not files but links.
To correct myself, I do have a Community folder and an Official folder in the same C drive
location, but they are both empty.

I’m having some trouble too. Seems like REX is putting the files in the Community folder properly but the size of the REX folder is pretty tiny — about 60MB. I used the Bijan seasons previously and those season files were huge.

Does 60MB seem about right for Winter?

Mark

I have REX files in my community folder as well, and they are actually very small.
I’ve tried Bijan seasons too, but when i added winter the ground appear grey instead of white, but the trees itself works fine… It’s weird!!