REX Weather Force 2020 produces CTDs

The application quite frequently produces CTD while injecting live weather. Currently it´s not working well with latest beta.

Cheers

I found this as well. Also, the clear skies weather preset has tiny bit of clouds. Now these show up as well as REX injected weather. I do like the new clear skies, but it should be made another preset on its own.

I had a memory error today (the typical address pointer not found) just during the first injection short after app launch. Memory usage was not even close to my limits, nor on RAM nor on VRAM.

Cheers

for what its worth, from the developer:
STATUS OF SIM UPDATE 10 - BETA The following information related to MSFS 2020 - Sim Update 10 and Weather Force. - Current Release Build: Not Compatible - Technical Update 4.0: Not Compatible - Technical Update 4.5: Compatible

*are you on 4.5 by chance?

Thanks. I just have the latest published version on Simmarket (dated on end of April). If there´s any other it´s not detected by app autoupdate feature nor is uploaded to Simmarket yet.

Cheers

The last days, after SU10, I had always CTD’s with Weather Force

There is now a new version for SU10 available: 20220921
Remember to uninstall the previous version first and reinstall this new version.

Tried it yesterday for the first time in months, and again just now. Both times it crashes the sim when attempting to inject live weather. I have the latest version installed.

Their website states this is the latest version:

However my app, which when manually checking for an update reports that there are no updates, is this:

Updated via OrbX instead, since the in-app one doesn’t seem to work.

Uninstall your build number, that made the Application Error. You definitely need 20220921.
Indeed, the app says there’s no update, I don’t know why it’s there, because you have to uninstall the complete old version and then install the newer one.
Maybe one day it would be like Rex Seasons, but not for now unfortunately.

OrbX installed over the top, and it now works.

Just wondering if the latest update to RWF is only workable with an empty community folder. Since I updated, all I get are CTDs every time I engage the weather.

It could easily be a mod conflict.
The only way to find out is to try.

Cut and paste your Community folder somewhere outside of the sim file structure.
Make a new empty Community folder in its place.
Put RWF in and try sim.

1 Like

Re-install fixed it. Thanks.

1 Like

As an FYI – WeatherForce wasn’t injecting properly in the SU11 beta before I abandoned it. (The beta, that is - not WeatherForce.)

1 Like