REX Weather Problems December 13th 2021

Hey Guys

Can anybody help me with this: I bought “Rex Weather Force” yesterday. I think the clouds look much more realistic than the default ones, great!
But the winds are erratic, at times going around 360 degrees at very high speeds. Is this a problem with the add-on? Was this always a issue with “Weather Force”? Can it be fixed? Is it an issue with the current weather problems people are seemingly having? Anyone else using this app?

Thanks and a nice evening to all of you.

1 Like

Can t fly at the moment in live whtr and Rex…speed wind is crazy. Hoping they fix asap

1 Like

These posts were moved out of the public Beta threads as Off-Topic and into their own thread in #third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities. @SWISSBEACHES87 is free to edit the title to something more meaningful or appropriate, but this needs to stay out of the Beta forum as it’s focused strictly on fixing several tactical defects as mentioned in the Release Notes.

Surely the wind issue is related to third party? i will try live weather without rex but i fear it’s metar issue indipendently injected or not by third party :thinking:

Same ISSUES with Me too…Wicked Hurricane force Winds even Flying with “Dynamic Weather Presets”- “Approaching Warm Front”,…etc…

It’s unflyable at the moment with live weather…almost 2years from his out, start getting boring, I leave last chance to the next hotfix then moving to other platforms

I have had the same crazy wind issues too since SU7. I"m running the most recent version of REX… Temps and wind direction are accurate but winds aloft are waaaay too high. Sometimes as much as 70+ knots more than Metar. They return to normal around 1k agl but its a wild ride down the glidepath until reaching 1k, then winds hit normal speeds. I can’t tell if its related to the MSFS weather issues or if this is a REX only issue. I actually prefer REX to in game live weather but I can’t use it with the winds aloft problem.

2 Likes

Have you Contacted REX Yet…?? if So, what have they Said about OUR Issues…I Love REX WEATHER Over Sim default,… Preferably !!

No contact with REX yet.

On their Discord this has been mentioned as an issue with SU7.

Sim Update 7 caused some problems with WF having winds 2-3x what they should be. There is a Beta preview of the next version which you can get on their discord.

If you are having an issue with the “release” build of Weather Force for SU 7. We have released a Public Preview 2 of an upcoming fix:

https://1627369577.rsc.cdn77.org/zipfiles/6.0.2021.1206/rexwxforce_20211206.zip

This addresses many of the issues reported with winds, temperatures, and clouds.

We will have an official release shortly.

1 Like

Great, I will give it a try… In the meanwhile, I just seen your Accu Season, looks so good. Just a question : has it snow automatic rendering where season is cold?

The program does not control snow. However, Weather Force does.

QUICK UPDATE:
We have received reports about snow not rendering properly. This was due to an issue on our server code. We have resolved this and should be improved now.

If you are still having issues, please contact us at support at: Support | REX Simulations

Good morning Rex,

Let me know if there is a better place to post but I am new to WeatherForce and just had a couple questions on how it would tie into Accu Season.

Right now, I use Bijan seasons and terrain masks. I also have Weather Force. With Accu Seasons, would I remove Bijans and then achieve the same effects with Weather Force and Accue Seasons?

Weather Force for snow accumulation on the ground and Accu Season for vegetation colors etc?

Thanks in advance.