Right click of mouse in VR does not zoom in on instruments

Months ago I could get a closer view of an instrument etc in VR by putting the mouse cursor near it and right-clicking the mouse. This would “zoom in” to make the instrument easy to see in VR. This is important to those who, like me, have to turn Render Scaling etc. quite low to get reasonable performance. The panel is quite blurred in normal VR view, so zoom is much needed.

Am I alone in experiencing this? Do others think the VR mouse zoom is important?

Quest 2 with Oculus Link, Alienware R17M3 Laptop with RTX2060super.

If my memory serves me well this problem started with the Game of the Year update.

Thanks

meme chose pour moi en plus moi le bouton alt des avion de ligne fonctionne une fois sur 4 meme gele l la position altitide ou meme donne une altitude non desirer

C’est bizarre pour moi: hier soir, le bouton VR zoom a marche bien! Je ne comprend pas ca.

Hey - this forum’s language is english! Use google to translate it, if You are unable to write in english!

I have the same issue.
It maybe started with SU 7, but I am not sure.
Oculus Rift S.
It is not in all aircrafts. In some stock aircrafts. In some carenado I think.
In aerosoft’s twin otter it works but way too much. Unuseable.

Sorry. I am English, but to be polite I answered in French to a comment made on my post that was written in French.

1 Like

Hi there! For me the right button mouse works! But I’d like to know if we can choose the zoom percentage; sometime the zoom is too much and with mdcu is hard to insert data, the sweet spot force me to break my neck to see clearly!
Thank you in advance!

Hi
The zoom has been working ok after recent updates, but it is still a strange thing. The amount of zoom depends, for example, on how far forward you lean. It’s an imperfect thing, but useful.

Thanks Wellborn HAlo 35 for your reply. I agree with you, the zoom is very useful in VR, especially for those no high-end Pcs and to contrast, in some way, the DLSS blurring. It could be nice to adjust the zoom ratio: soometimes even if zoomed ,it’s hard to read the buttons of Garmin panels!!.
we’ll see!

Yes, the blurring of the panels is so infuriating. It does not seem to be on the developer’s radar. In fact, VR issues in general seem to be treated with low priority.

1 Like