Roads texture quality

I have noticed that default (which are often used also by airport developpers) road texture quality looks really bad and grainy (does not look like asphalt at all) as per the example below (taken from Simwings EDDM).
Is there a way to replace the default roads quality in MSFS ?
Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @GregDXB,

I moved your topic to World Discovery that is more appropriate for your question.
There is an existing wish where maybe some users made suggestions and hopefully community can also make suggestions about existing alternatives.

2 Likes

This has been an issue since the sim launched hasn’t it? Including green roads caused by the satellite imagery tile shading. The world of FS2020 really wasn’t designed to be viewed up close.

If you look at the long list of things FS2024 is aiming to improve road quality and road traffic realism are mentioned. So we’ll just need to wait.

2 Likes

Those roads you show are part of original Bing data so in the case of the picture developers did not modify them. You can create custom paths using any of the existing textures in game or adding your own texture but this is not really practical for highways around airport as you will see a clear difference between Bing roads and your roads at some point. You have to terminate your custom paths somewhere at the end and unless there´s a bridge, tunnel or any other termination nearby, a clear border between your higher quality textures and standard Bing textures will still exist anyway. Custom paths have sense for the areas inside airport limits I would say, as in most cases that results in a smaller and closed circuit that can be using higher quality textures.

Cheers

2 Likes