Round the world in a X Cub

Hey Eric just found your post and I will start following. In the meantime wishing all the very best in this outstanding venture.

Maybe I will join you in one of the legs.

But in the meantime if you fly over or stop in Guatemala MGGT please let me know.

All the best !!!

2 Likes

Landed in Kodiak, the weather looks decent, refueled and off to Dutch Harbor.

3 Likes

Amazing weather :sunny:

1 Like

About half way to Dutch Harbor. Amazing views!

3 Likes

Decided to land at Sand Point AK, (PASD), I was not flying high enough and using extra fuel and it would have been tight to make all the way to Dutch Harbor plus there was some low level clouds ahead and I did not want to deal with icing again.

5 Likes

Looks like the population came to meet you :slight_smile:

Really awesome adventure, and I’m enjoying following along. Once I get sorted with multiplayer, I too would like to join for a short leg or two.

Just starting to learn the XCub, nice plane!

5 Likes

Great adventure! Not sure if I’m ready, but my idea is to reach Perth, Australia, from the north of Italy where I live. I was thinking about flying a fast plane, like a Bonanza, but I want to enjoy the trip and the views more, and your posts inspired me and made me curious about the XCub. So I’ll give it a try and will start flying towards the south and see how it goes. May I ask you how do you plan your flights? I’m still fairly new to flight sims, and there’s so much to learn. Thanks and safe travels!!

2 Likes

I use Skyvector for planning the route, distance,
and possible alternates .

2 Likes

Excellent choice, I used it in the past and now getting back with the new MSFS2020 I should use it again.
I was also thinking about Navigraph … any thoughts ?

I have not used Navigraph, will have to check it out.

1 Like

Leaving Sand Point for Unalaska/ Dutch Harbor. Weather is clear using Live Weather but radar does show it should be cloudy, but not complaining after nearly buying the farm in icing conditions yesterday.

3 Likes

Made it to Dutch Harbor/ Unalaska. Not much between here and the next stop Atka. Better get some gas and get back at it

4 Likes

Atka here I come!

5 Likes

Safe travel and landings.

1 Like

About 10 minutes from Atka (PAAK). I knew Alaska was big but dang! it almost never ends! Still have another 470 miles to my last Alaska stop.

3 Likes

Once I am parked it will be time for a beer!

4 Likes

I’m gonna copy your idea but I’m waiting until live weather is fixed.

2 Likes

Was going to fly to to Casco Cove (PAAT), and the weather seems to be working again once I exited the sim, as it was fogged in, but the GPS nav seems to be confused by the 180 meridian, as it had me flying west and the turning east all the way around the world but did have the distance correctly. Will try the flight tomorrow by flying in heading mode and adjusting accordingly.

1 Like

On my way to Casco Cove, PAAT, the last stop before Mother Russia. Glad to get above the clouds and see some sun!

2 Likes

Run into some icing, pitot is frozen over, climbing higher to try to get over the clouds and into the sun. Does seem to be slowly melting.

2 Likes