RTX 3080 benchmarks are out

I want to go from GTX1060 6GB to RTX 3070.
I think this makes sense. :grinning:

1 Like

I agree. totally.

1 Like

People with smaller monitors? A 4K monitor is nothing more than 4 1080p panels seamlessly joined together. The image quality is exacly the same if the screen size is a quarter of the 4K monitor.

Iā€™m honestly not sure about this because with the same reasoning, the picture quality/details on a TV CRT should be the same as with a 1080p CRT despite the former being 1/4 of the later and to me, at least to me, there is definitely not the same level of details between the two as far as I can remember using both back in the days.

Those were different technologies. Todays panels come out in different sizes with the same technology. I was just talking about resolution though. Itā€™s pixels per inch that really counts, 1080p/HD/4K/8K is marketing talk because the quality depends on the size of the screen.

1 Like

Have a good day folks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16iPFRPjDcg

No one with 2080/2080ti/3080 is playing on 1080p. 2060s is more than enough for 1080p.

2 Likes

No itā€™s not. 4k is higher resolution. Image quality is like day and night. 55" 4k will look much better than 24" 1080p. I knew some flight simmers usually donā€™t know about hardware but this is ridiculous.

1 Like

Actually a 24" HD has more PPI than 55" 4k, so the 24" would seem more Sharpe

1 Like

No it wonā€™t. 1080p has less pixels which means less detail and it will look worse. On 24" 1080p you will need AA, it looks ugly while on 55" 4k AA is not needed or x2 is enough.

I have an awesome 40in curved pc monitorā€¦according to you ā€¦you will get the same quality on a 10 inch monitor? so who on gods earth wants a 10in monitor? 4k is the new standard nowā€¦not useless 1080p!

Correct!..it still amazes me how many pc users still have old 1080p monitors!..Hey you cheapskatesā€¦Upgradeā€¦this is 2020 not 1920!

2/3 of Steam users (I also didnā€™t expect this much nowadays):

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

IMHO a ā€˜gameā€™ like Flight Simulator makes higher resolution monitor nearly mandatory. It gives so much more clarity in the distance, let alone legibility of gauges.

lol of course it is. You can literally replace a 4K screen with 4 1080p screens 1/4 the size and have the same exact pixel density. Only then you have bezels blocking the view. The bigger you go with the screen the bigger the resolution you need. A 1080p screen can in fact be better quality than a 4K screen 10 times the size. Because it only has 4 times the pixel count.

The pixel density counts not the total resolution because how good it looks depends on screen size.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not how it works dude. Just donā€™t say anything if you donā€™t have a clue what youā€™re talking about. 4 1080p will look much MUCH worse than x4 bigger 4k screen. How do you even come up with this nonsense? You do realize the picture in all 4 screens would still be 1080p not 4k? The picture will look so bad compared to 4k that you canā€™t even compare.
55" 4k looks better than 24" 1080p, thereā€™s no questioning regarding this.

Well it looks like Iā€™ll be sticking with my 2080Ti for now. I donā€™t see anything about these next-gen cards thatā€™s worth buying a 3080 either at RRP or Ā£1200 from all those scummy scalpers that have screwed up availability for everyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you spread the 4K image over 4 1080p screens its the exact same thing. Itā€™s not that complicated you know. Unbelievable this. How are you so confident of yourselfā€¦

1 Like

Oh boyā€¦

Well after the gigabyte 3000 series super gaff, it will be interesting to see what a 3080 with 20gb will do in this game.

Why are we even having discussions and arguments over 4k and 1080p? WHO CARES. If you like 4k, play 4k. If youā€™re so upset that people arenā€™t playing 1080 and stuck in 2005, get over it.

1 Like