Rtx 4080 frames!

Your mainthread is already 12 ms which is more than fine. 70+ fps is plenty!

I then just have a different experience then you I guess. I made 100s of videos using 30/60 fps and no one complains about poor image quality. Maybe you really have that sharp vision, I will not argue with that, there are people that can hear perfect pitches in tones. But there always is only one downside and thtat would be artifacts. So let the thread opener just try it for himself and then he can make his decision to use it or not. And regarding input lag - 80 fps with frame generation has the same input lag then 40 fps without. Input lag only increases if your GPU actually caps your fps by not be able to provide 100% frame generation. And when you have such a potent system, you really dont need frame generation I guess. And I still think, that msfs indeed has not the same fast camera movements than any 3d action game.

Kind Regards

Just Installed Msi Afterburner !
You are Absolutely right !!

My Frames are Way up with Smooth flight !!
Thank you very much for your help , much appreciated !

1 Like

Do u see à huge difference between 3080 TI and 4080 ? I have a 3080 TI et maybe i will buy a 4080.

1 Like

Much better experience now !
In low density Areas i get double or even triple frames in Other High density areas almost double !
Smooth Performance !

2 Likes

I can confirm I see this too. Frame Generation and DLSS set to DLAA with a 4080 and 7900X3D. A great Combo. But newer Drivers from NVIDIA do have a habit of destroying FPS at times.

1 Like

So what all exactly did you end up doing? I’m having some framerate issues over super densely populated areas and would love to be able to smooth out my game.

I’m running an i9 13900k, 4070Ti and 32GB DDR5 and want to maximize my performance capabilities.

I use TAA with DLSS
Reduce LOD to 120
Object level of detail 150
Settings : Some Ultra , some High
Be aware that whenever there is an Nvidia Driver Update it may lower your frames !!
No idea why !!!

1 Like

Is there any way to keep the NVIDIA drivers from messing with the performance?

Unfortunately i have no idea !

I never had any issues driver related nor did I see reduced performance DUE to the driver. Maybe stop using nVIDIA GeForce Experience autotuning your MSFS settings? Maybe start clearing shader cache when updating the driver before you first fire up MSFS again?

1 Like

power supply?

Maybe uncheck the option in GeForce experience to manage the graphics settings automatically?