Rtx4080

Just sold my 3080 and tomorrow shall buy a gigabyte 4080. Don’t have the extra bucks for the 4090 and can’t stay without simming so 4080 it is.

How are peeps using it going ?

Any setting tips ?

My setup

i7-12700k overclocked to 5ghz
32gb Ram
Nvme drives for the sim.
Reverb G2 V1

I have just got a 4080 i7 3700K .And I have to say, it’s like a new Sim to me.
I was a little sad at first that I didn’t get the 4090 because I wanted be done with it once and for all, but the 4080 is just what I needed. I fly longer than I ever have in VR and it is crazy how well the Sim works. And when I do get a stutter, It’s ok because the 97% of the time I have no words because it really works and feels really good.
You will be very happy with the 4080. I think that the 4090 would be over kill for me so don’t beat yourself up about that.
Good Luck and I will see you in the air.

4 Likes

I have a 4080, after upgrading from a 3080, and am very happy with it in VR.

My settings, that average around 40 FPS with excellent clarity, are:

OXR Tools

MSFS:

OXRTK:

If ever I need a nudge up in performance due to heavy weather or many MP/AI aircraft in the area, which is rare, I just temporarily drop clouds to high or change down to DLSS balanced until I am clear of it.

5 Likes

Which VR Headset do you use…G2? I also own a 4080 (i913900) and the next invest will be a VR headset…

1 Like

I wish a G3 was on the way.
Or a headset that is made just for MSFS. :pray:

Frame generation is pure witchcraft. Really is astonishingly good with MSFS. Your’re in for a treat.

1 Like

I got the gigabyte eagle and tried your settings with thanks :slight_smile:

with the fenix am getting 25fps. Most probably since I tried as well EGLL first. Any particular settings in nvidia control panel ? HAGS ? Game mode ?

Thank you

Yes, I have a G2.

1 Like

I have left the nVidia Control Panel settings at default. I have HAGS on, but it runs the same with it off. Game mode is also on.

Also, I believe the Fenix is pretty hard on CPU, so perhaps try with another aircraft that doesn’t have you CPU bound and therefore tests your GPU specifically. What CPU do you have?

I have an i7-12700k

1 Like

ResetXPDR I have just created an account in this forum to say how good is your configs, it completely changed the game performance & overall quality and I am enjoying this sim more than ever. Thank you.

Awesome. I am glad I could help :+1: