Rudder going full to one side at flight start before touching the pedals

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

When I start a flight and I am using pedals mapped for rudder (Rudder axis left and rudder axis right), the pedals go full left (as if the axis is inverted) without touching anything. After pressing a bit both the pedals (as if am to wake them up) the issue goes away, and they behave normally.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load any flight with any aircraft with racing pedals mapped separately to rudder axis left and rudder axis right

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Pedals Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Have you accidentally click on the autopilot?

No I haven’t, it happens with every plane when I start a flight, it’s like the pedals start fully pressed (full rudder). Then as soon as I touch both of them, they go back to zero and start to work properly. It is just annoying because if you start s flight in the air (eg landing challenges) you have to correct a big yaw in the first seconds

It sounds like some sort of accidental key binding or something like that. Yaw Dampers used to have that effect on some big jets, but not on a Cessna. Have you checked the bindings on the trim tab? I’m clutching at straws tbh. :thinking:

1 Like

Hi there,
I think that this is probably something specific to your system, like a stray binding as suggested by XR219. If this were a bug, we would have widespread reports of it.
I’ve moved this out of Bug Reports for now so that people can continue to troubleshoot.

Thanks for the suggestions, I double checked and reassigned the binding without success, I still believe it may be a bug. When opening the control assignment table, I see that one side of the pedals are not set to zero without touching them (picture below). I also double checked the sensitivity page without finding anything out of place. The problem remains the same, when i start the sim rudder goes full left before touching the controls, after i move the pedals it starts working properly