Rudder pedal also activates toe-brake

Anyone ever had a problem with their rudder pedals, where pushing one pedal also activated its toe-brake? (with heels on the floor, definitely not moving the actual toe-brake)

I have Ruddo+ pedals from Virtual Fly, which have worked great for several months. “Suddenly” they’ve become unusable:

Whenever I touch the left rudder-pedal, it activates the left toe-brake completely and immediately.

I’ve tried a few solutions, like unplugging it, re-calibrating it in the VF software, and recalibrating it in Windows. No matter what I do, the left pedal activates the left toe-brake 100%, even with my heels on the floor and no touch of the actual toe-brake.

This is even without MSFS launched, just looking at the Windows calibration window. As such I’m fairly sure that it’s not connected to some messed up key-bindings.

The device used to worked perfectly, but one day it started doing this. I’m not aware of anything external that could have triggered it.

Check the bindings, make sure you’re not double binding the Rudder Axis and the Brake axis into the same Axis Pedals.

Start with removing all bindings for the brakes for all your controls, and I mean everything. This is to eliminate any possible inputs coming for the brakes when you’re testing. Then test the rudder pedals, see if it doesn’t activate the toe brakes.

Then when you’re rebinding the toe brakes, make sure you’re not seeing the same axis being bound when you push the toe brake. If I had to guess, when you press the toe brake, you’re making very microscopic push to the rudder pedals itself, making the sim capturing the rudder axis instead of the toe brake axis for the brakes.

If it’s too difficult to get it right, just select the toe brake axis from the drop down list, that way you can avoid the mistake.

I had this problem with my saitek pedals.

One day recently I noticed that in my C152 I was always veering to the right. So I took a good look inside the pedals. A spacer inside had broken, causing the pedal to turn slightly inwards and also lean forward causing the toe brake to be constantly engaged. After a bit of DIY I managed to fix it.

Been great ever since.

I had to add a 15% dead zone to each of my toe breaks for my CH Pro Pedals to keep them from falsely engaging either completely on their own or when I moved the rudder. I imagine the potentiometers are going bad. I got some new ones but have not had the opportunity to install them yet.