Rudder Pedals For PC

I am looking to purchase some rudder pedals but don’t know which ones to get?
I am looking for something cheap but good, if you know what i mean.
any advice?

Thanks

I recommend searching for pedals instead of peddles lol, but seriously I’ve just bought the Logitech/Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals which are plug and play (no drivers required for Win 11) and very easy to set up.

I use these…

1 Like

Same. They’ve been great so far.

1 Like

Another Velocity One rudder person here. I upgraded from the low end Thrustmaster pedals. The Velocity One’s are Hall sensor, whereas the low end Thrustmaster had potentiometers. The Thrustmaster was fine for a while, but it was starting to get noisy axes, so I went up a level.

I use MFG CROSSWIND V3 with a hydraulic damper. They are great for planes and helicopters. Very precise and the centring spring is removable, very useful feature in helicopters.

2 Likes

Another one here who uses the Velocity One Rudder pedals.

I previously used the Logitech Pro pedals and the Velocity One pedals are noticeably a step above them. The logitech pedals were well made but I found it difficult to make smooth movements with them. The have pots rather than hall sensors and this is probably the reason for it.

I would say that they are mid range as in not the best but much better (imo) than the cheaper rudder pedals. You can hear a very slight grinding noise when pushing the pedals forward but other than that I am very pleased with them. The movement is smooth and it is easy to maintain the centre line on the runway. Quite well made and quite heavy too. They don’t move about on the carpet when I use them. I would buy them again.

I have those. They’re great.

They ain’t cheap…

1 Like

Not cheap but excellent rudder pedals and suited to all aircraft types. Personally I would avoid going for cheap budget option and highly recommend investing a little more for a better experience.

HAL sensors and no centre detent are a must IMO. Additional options like being able to fit a damper for helicopters and swap the pedals themselves are worth considering for a little extra versatility/immersion.

Another vote for the MFG Crosswinds here. I have had my V2’s since around 2018 I think and they are still going strong. I think I have only ever calibrated them twice more since when I originally set them up. Like you I also add the damper to enhance their use for helicopters.
I also got some quick release pedals so I can swap them between flying GA aircraft and helicopters. :+1:

1 Like

Hi,

I can highly recommend the MFG Crosswind rudder pedals.
Yes they are a bit more expensive, but the quality and precision is top notch.
And the adjustability is simply the best.
Used mine now for over three years without any issues.

2 Likes

Virpil Ace pedals are good. Real good.