Rudder pedals moves the nose wheels at the same tim.SEE VIDEO

hi

i have the tiller and the rudder configurated separately. On taxi when i push rudder pedals, it moves the rudder but also the nose wheel. thas is not correct. On ground the only way to move the nose wheel should be the tiller. On take off the tiller should work until 60 knots aprox and beyond 60 knotts the rudder takes aerodinamic effect to control the plane on take off, but never moving the wheels.
So the solution is to unlink the rudder to the nose wheel
this problem happen with all the airliners in MSFS
here you can see an example.
I have all the helps disable

thanks so much

Hello!

We’ve moved your topic into the Community Support category.

The Bug Reporting category is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce. Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the Community Support category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug Reporting category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

On most large aircraft, the rudder pedals have an input to the nose wheel steering on the ground, even at low speed. That is why when the crew do a flight control check, the capt. normally holds the tiller whilst the F/o operates the rudder pedals. In fact the B737 has a witris system whose function is to disconnect the rudder pedal input to the nose wheel steering on rotation (airborne).

Sorry but i must said that the rudder in the real planes does not move the nosewheel. Is true that at low speed is used the tiller and beyond 60 knots aprox to maintain centerline pilots use the rudder
But what happen in FS20 is that when on take off you push rudder to maintain centerline the plane moves the nose wheel making it very unstable
In real life there is not any link between the rudder and the nose wheel.
And also many planes has a system to lock the nose wheel tiller beyond a speed to lock the use instead of the rudder that begins to be effective at about 60 -80 knots
Is a very big mistake of FS2020

I think you are assuming everybody has a tiller and rudder pedals and that everybody flies modern airliners.

Makes sense in a sim to have nose wheel steering initially bound to the rudder axis = much easier for most users. Don’t like it? Unbind it. Easy.

1 Like

Is not a problem to have tiller and or rudder
The problem is that if you want to maintain te centerlkne on take off using the rudder you will find a very unstable movement that is not realistic
I understand that not everybody has tiller and pedals but fs2020 should give the posibility to combine for those that does not have it and unlink for those who have rudder and tiller

How to unbind?

Miguel

1 Like

There is a NOSE WHEEL STEERING axis that I guess you would bind to the tiller and RUDDER AXIS that you have bound to your rudders. I guess it also depends on the aircraft as well whether it supports both

1 Like

That is the one im using
I have rudder axes and tiller axes, but rudder still moves the nose wheel

Miguel

1 Like

I’m not sure why you think the rudder pedals do not have an input to nosewheel steering. I can’t speak for all airliner types, but certainly in the Airbus A320 series the rudder pedals do control nosewheel steering to a limited amount - ie a few degrees. In fact there is a ‘pedal disconnect’ button on the tiller, which is used to prevent the rudder pedals operating the nosewheel steering while performing a rudder check as part of the pre-flight control checks.

At 120 knots if you push rudder to maintain centerline the nose wheel should not move And this is what happen in fs20 now
In the 737 and 787 and 747 there is not any conexion between the rudder and the nose wheel
In a 320 can not opinate

@ConstVoid That was what I was trying to say in my original post. You explained it better than me.
@IcedLeaf1377528 Please accept the fact that in larger A/c there is an interface between the NWS & Rudder.

Not at 120 knots though. It disconnects the NWS from the pedals at a certain speed, somewhere around 60-70 knots I think, I‘d have to check the FCOM for the exact speed but at 120 knots the rudder has enough authority so the nosewheel won‘t move anymore.

1 Like

The rudder nosewheel steering only ever moves the nosewheel about 7 deg, Not very much. Remember the nosewheel steering is used on autopilot rollout. on cat III equipped A/C. It certainly should not move the nosewheel very much.
I checked my Airbus A320 & 747-400 engineering training notes. I forgot to check my L1011 (tristar) notes…
The airbus notes are not very clear but indicates it is in use full time for rollout. The 747 has an electric actuator(2) that the disengage & reengages the nosewheel steering when the nose gear strut extends or compresses.
No matter what, the rudder input at any speed should be limited to a small delfaction. 7deg or so.
I am referring to A/C with nosewheel steering tillers. On small A/c the only way to steer is the rudder.

Anyway, Asobo should fix the problem of the rudder on take off because os very sensitive and unstable

2 Likes

Hi,

I cannot say for sure for the 787 but I have flown both the 737 series and the A320’s.

The nose wheel is linked to give a limited input from the rudder pedals. usually close to 5 degrees. Although this is not true for all aircraft, for example I flew the twin-otter witch had the pedals and hydraulic nose wheel steering completely separated.

Here’s an excerpt from my study notes on the A320:

To answer your question, on the A320 the nose wheel steering is either done with pedals or the tiller, or both.

on a straight line it’s recommended to taxi using the pedals, full deflection will give you 6 degrees of nose wheel steering angle.

in turns you have to use the tiller, full deflection will give you up to the maximum of 75 degrees nose wheel steering angle.

Since NWS is Fly-By Wire, the numbers add up so if you use full pedal, you can ‘add a little’ with the tiller. also if the captain turns full left and the FO turns full right, the aircraft will go straight ahead.

To complete the story, the tiller is not linear, which means if you add a little tiller the effect is minimal, but grows exponentially with deflection, so be careful, because the last little bit of tiller has a huge effect and can easily skid the nosewheel or floor your lovely cabin crew.

During take-off the wash-out is not equal for the tiller and the pedals,
the tiller has full authority until 20 knots, and then reduces linearly until at 80 knots it’s completely disabled.
the rudder pedals have full NWS authority until 40 knots and then wash out fully at 130 knots.

so a few examples:
below 20 knots you have full authority, but even with both tillers and the pedals to one side you get maximum 75 degrees nose wheel deflection.

at 60 knots, your pedals can give you about 4 degrees of steering and your hand wheel about 25 degrees.

above 130 knots the nose wheel is centered no matter the input.

I hope that helps!
Rico

2 Likes

Hi Rico, glad you are back in the forum with your excellent explanation. Now it’s more clear what’s going on when moving rudder pedals and tiller as well.
Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Did you ever figure the binding out on this. I have the same issue.

These are my settings for A320 ,and all the Liners provided with the Tiller , I feel happy with. Tiller is
Tiller bound on joystick and Rudder bound on Rudder pedals.

1 Like