Rudders on gamepad not analog

Actually, it’s getting worse!

I just closed the UCR application to test if I get my controller back in MSFS > No
Then I restarted Windows and started MSFS > Still no
Then I unstalled VJOY and restarted Windows and MSFS > Still no

I lost my controller in MSFS. I am left with mouse and keyboard.

To answer your questions, I got both Vjoy and xbox one controller, no Bluetooth device.

I would like to have my controller back in MSFS!

:slightly_frowning_face:

:fearful: I’m so sorry. I installed an uninstalled vJoy and UCR yesterday several times - no issues as you described.
What kind of controller do you have exactly?

Usual Xbox one controller. Connected via usb cable.
The controller is fully working in windows control center -> gamecontroller. As before I installed vjoy.
But it won’t show in MSFS anymore.

This is bad!

Especially because the controller setup is saved in the cloud. I can’t even manually edit anything.

Okay, that’s really strange. :thinking:

When you are in MSFS → Options → Controls, you can try to reset everything to default.

What about your controller firmeware. You can udate it via the Xbox Accessories App from Microsoft. Maybe that helps MSFS to recognize your XBox One Controller again.

Ok, I got it back.

I uninstalled the controller in windows, unplugged it. Replugged it and now it’s back.

I almost got a heart attack…

Puh, okay. Got almost an attack too…

I think you won’t try that rudder workaround again, right? :wink:

So, I assume your controller is connected via bluetooth? Or why yould it show only vjoy and a bluetooth device?

Yes, via bluetooth. But it works also with usb cable and with my old Xbox 360 Controller also via USB cable.

Probably not. Altough, I would love to have my triggers finally work analog.

Yep, but this issue is not listed in the patch notes.

Which is very unfortunate!
Maybe they fix things like this without mentioning it.

It’s crazy that the most used Microsoft controller does not fully work with a the new AAA Microsoft product.

Yep, totally agree with you. That’s why I started to experiment with vJoy an UCR.
I started a ticket regarding this issue but I got no answer until today. :unamused:

Hopefully the issue is fixed next week silently. If not, mabye you’re giving vJoy/UCR another chance.

1 Like

Ok, I had an idea.
I have some old G25 pedals which I can connect seperately via leo bodnar usb cable. Maybe I can use them, instead of a virtual joystick, and merge their axis to my controller triggers. So I connected the pedals and wanted to try them in the sim at first.

Well, they are digital too! :rage:

What’s wrong with rudder axis in this sim?

Would it have worked anyways? Because in the UCR software they only appear on the left side (input devices) not as an output device.

I submitted a zendesk support ticket a few days ago and received a response today. They say they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

Yes, got the same response a few minutes ago: “We are aware about this issue and we are actively working on it.”

May need to change this part to say Joystick-Axis X. May confuse others as you have screenshot of assigning as axis-X

1 Like

Oh, okay. Thanks for the advice. I’m gonna change immediately… :blush:

Unfortunately today’s patch did not fix the controller issue so I recommend my workaround again. Adress any problems here and I will try to help if you want…

Do you have to have the program open every time to use with the sim?