Runway guard lights (wig-wag lights)

In the real world, at least at major airports in the United States and Europe, all runway intersections are marked with flashing yellow lights. I think the concept was introduced after several taxiway accidents in the 90s. Does anyone know why Microsoft has not included this bit of realism in the MSFS? And is there an add-on for this function (as was the case at several airports in FSX)?

Runway Guard lights would be a cool add on, they could do in pavement and elevated wig wags!

I am glad they have the surface painted hold position markings, just wish someone working on airports would actually download the diagrams and make the appropriate taxiway letters. Long Beach Airport KLGB is so far off on taxiways, its not even close, but they could download the current chart and rectify this pretty easily.

Maybe for the same reason they have not programmed EGPWS with anmiciation for taxy speed, Runway ahead, wrong rwy = details that are not in the road map and being too little value for now Btw your are talking about the wigwags right?

That is the RAAS system, not EGPWS

You right, please someone revoke my license immediately!!:joy:

I would really like to see animated runway guard lights.

Pretty Much I’ve included pictures of all so It would be really nice to see them added to the sim. I have added all the images I can think of to help with the descriptions.

Thank you

1 Like

Absolutely agree. In the payware and some other airports that I have, the lights often are included (e.g. Gatwick), and they enhance the realism.
All best,

Yes agree 100%! Can’t stand how these developers spend so much time putting in useless details like bathrooms inside terminals but they neglect decent / custom edge lights, very rarely do we see guard lights- especially flashing ones or wig wags. I refuse to buy sceneries that are lacking these simple but very necessary details! Flytampa (minus KLAS for some reason?) are the best when it comes to immersion when traveling to and from the gate.